Attachment error - command line arguments [H0000...000P] are invalid

Started by Andrew Carrick, March 24, 2010, 05:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

We're getting this a lot recently (well around once a week, when we previously had it once a year). I believe its a known bug but anybody know any more?

Happens when user tries to open certain email attachments. They can se the email text in the previiew pane but can't open the thing itself. I can't see that there's anything in the emails that would cause a problem - no obvious pattern.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

JohnGage

Sorry I don't have a specific solution but problems like this are why we started attaching email as .MSG files rather than the TAM attach email workflow.  I don't understand how this specific issue isn't a top priority for Applied.  IMO any time we are dealing with data loss it's a top priority bug.  Then again perhaps it's fixed in 10.x.

I believe the emails themselves are stored in the encrypted .txt files.  You may be able to go back to an old monthly/annual backup and recover the .txt file that corresponds to that email.
John Gage
Systems Admin
Knight Crockett Miller Insurance Group - Toledo, OH
4 locations in Ohio and Indiana

53 users TAM Online

Andrew Carrick

Thanks John. So presumably the msg format doesn't corrupt? We move to version 10 in April, so that w esolve this for us.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

JohnGage

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on March 24, 2010, 10:30:39 AM
Thanks John. So presumably the msg format doesn't corrupt? We move to version 10 in April, so that w esolve this for us.

.msg is the format the Outlook uses so there is no conversion when attaching to TAM.  Not to say it can't become corrupt but I believe it no more likely than any other .doc, .pdf , ... that we attach every day.
John Gage
Systems Admin
Knight Crockett Miller Insurance Group - Toledo, OH
4 locations in Ohio and Indiana

53 users TAM Online