Anyone use 10ZiG Thin Clients

Started by Kenny Cruzan, March 23, 2010, 10:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Cruzan

I just got a demo 10ZiG XTC--6000(XP) thin client in and fired it up.  It about the size of a 3.5 hard drive and dual monitor compatible.  So far, the thing is working great.  It has its own software that works much like Deep Freeze so admin can install software to memory and then lock it down so when user reboots, it resets back to default.  I will try today to install dymo label machine and maybe a usb scanner to it.  If that works, I just might replace all remote workstations with it. 

I also heard there is a management console to load on workstation/server which can control (wake on demand, clone images, manage updates) of all the thin clients. 

Let me know if anyone else has used these and what their lifespan is?  I notice the box gets a little hot.
Kenny Cruzan
GSM Insurors
Rockport, TX
TAM 2013, Fax @vantage 9
Windows 2008 server, ATS Backup
eTFile 4.6.1.0, Citrix XenDesktop,
Citrix XenApp7.6
80 users, 100 employees, 15 offices
Dell R710's with XenServer

Bloody Jack Kidd

using both Wyse and HP thin clients here, as well as a thin client image we apply to older desktop hardware.  The Wyse (WyseOS) have been flakey, but the central control via ini file on an ftp server works great!  The HPs  (ThinConnect) run cooler and so far have been less flakey, but their XML config file is much harder to work with and getting them to be config'd from a central point was quite a bit of work.

What's the max res. of the 10ZiG?  We need full HD for our 24" LCDs - 1920x1080
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Kenny Cruzan

The 6000 models we have have resolution up to 1600 x 1200 x 32 bit color.  What I don't like about video is that there is a Y cable with one VGA and one DVI. 

There is a 6616 model which is larger in size but it supports quad video.  Both support wide screen as well. 
Kenny Cruzan
GSM Insurors
Rockport, TX
TAM 2013, Fax @vantage 9
Windows 2008 server, ATS Backup
eTFile 4.6.1.0, Citrix XenDesktop,
Citrix XenApp7.6
80 users, 100 employees, 15 offices
Dell R710's with XenServer