Notification problem

Started by Hans Manhave, July 10, 2012, 03:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Mark on July 17, 2012, 03:52:47 PM
Use Gmail.  You can setup filters -- which are like rules in Outlook, if that is at all helpful.

Now you tell me, and yes that is helpful.  :)   I even have a Gmail account for such things but was not using it for that particular piece. 

I guess Gmail is the internet duct tape.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Bob

I love Gmail all I use for personal email.  Spam never gets through and I like their other products and integration.  :)

Mark

Quote from: Bob Connor on July 17, 2012, 04:14:15 PM
I love Gmail all I use for personal email.  Spam never gets through and I like their other products and integration.  :)

+1!!!
Mark Piontek, MBA

Billy Welsh

Quote from: Charlie Charbonneau on July 17, 2012, 03:51:15 PM
Billy. 

Get a yahoo/gmail or some other free email service (appriver approved) generic email for the voicemail box that will provide pop settings and use it to send your voicemail to yourself.

It is not an issue now - once we figured out what was going on, and AppRiver said "not on my servers," we were able to use the e-mail from our ISP (which we were paying for and not using).  Same situation as DD - was working for several years, then one day AppRiver switched it off without warning.  Biggest problem was that everything was queuing up in the phone system but not getting out, and once the disk filled up the whole system would crash.  Took the tech a while to figure out what was causing the crashes.  Everyone also missed getting the vm's via e-mail - had gotten in the habit of listening on computer or cell phone e-mail.

So I was really wondering if DD is getting "special" treatment from AppRiver.

I will have to keep gmail in mind the next time something quirky comes up.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Mark

Is this AppRiver hosted email or do they just filter your email?
Mark Piontek, MBA

Billy Welsh

Hosted. 

They would not allow wide open mail relay which I can understand.  Phone system is very basic so all you can do is point to server - no authentication, no port other than standard/default.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect