Do you date stamp your incoming paper mail?

Started by Alice Mooney, June 26, 2012, 05:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice Mooney

Do your date stamps have your agency name on it, or just the date?
That should have been part of the original question but I just thought about it.
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Andrew Carrick

I had to get up and walk across the office just for you...
Ours has company name and the date.

Mmmmm that ink smells good
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Alice Mooney

walk wasn't wasted...you learned somthing today, right? ;)
thanks Andrew!
Sharpies and white board markers are my favs
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Charlie Charbonneau

Ours has "RECEIVED" then the date and below that the agency initials "GBMB"
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Jan Regnier

Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jim Jensen

Ours used to have our name, but the last time it ran out of dates, I went cheap and bought the generic one.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

DebAmstutz

I think that we used to have one with the agency name on it along with the date, and the inkpad was replaceable.  Evidently along the line they stopped making them, or someone decided a generic one was okay.

I'm still using an ink pad and manual stamp for the owner's signature on the agency checks - it's been around since before I was hired here more than 9 years ago.  As long as they make ink to re-ink the stamp pad, I'll probably be using that same signature stamp!
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Alice Mooney

thanks everyone!  I'll be making my recommendation today with a sample workflow.
Have a glorious weekend!!  8)
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Jim Jensen

Quote from: DebAmstutz on June 29, 2012, 10:10:20 AM
I think that we used to have one with the agency name on it along with the date, and the inkpad was replaceable.  Evidently along the line they stopped making them, or someone decided a generic one was okay.

I'm still using an ink pad and manual stamp for the owner's signature on the agency checks - it's been around since before I was hired here more than 9 years ago.  As long as they make ink to re-ink the stamp pad, I'll probably be using that same signature stamp!

There's great financial controls. Does he not read his own insurance company's recommendations? Make you an authorized signatory rather than use a stamp.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Hans Manhave

Quote from: DebAmstutz on June 29, 2012, 10:10:20 AM

They make self-inking ones of those!  You can even re-ink those.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

DebAmstutz

I've been using the stamp since I started working here, and it was used by the gal who was here before me.  It's not been rejected yet.  ???
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again