First Impressions of the Microsoft Tablet?

Started by Billy Welsh, June 19, 2012, 11:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Welsh

I've only taken a quick glance, but I like the cover/keyboard combo assuming you also have the option to type on the screen.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Hans Manhave

It will be hard for Apple users to switch.  It will be hard for people to get used to using a keyboard again.  I have one for the iPhone4s but don't have it mounted any longer.  If the Surface is as prone to malfunctions as the Windows desktop/laptop models, it will fail as a design because the iPad/phone/pod is pretty failure free comparitively speaking.  I only support three iPads, but have had to support the related desktop/laptops far more than the Pads.  Personally, I would love to have a Windows pad.  I let my kids have the Android pad because I have been too deeply affected by the Apple iPhone that I couldn't follow the Android idea.  I'm thinking I can still follow Microsoft's thought behind a device.  We have to see.  I just had to explain the workings of Windows Excel to an Apple Excel user over the phone and that worked so maybe.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein