Any recommendations for printing on CD/DVD?

Started by Billy Welsh, June 13, 2012, 04:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Welsh

We are wanting to print "labels" directly on the top of the discs.  I found a Dymo with mixed reviews but it also seems to be discontinued.

(Yes, I know, thumb drives are the way to go but I was overruled).
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Bob

Whats wrong with a Sharpie?  ;)

Sticky labels are ok but they can also jam a device as the peel back over time.

What about light scribe burner.  Write on the disc?

Jeff Golas

We actually use lightscribe...keep in mind that creating circular labels via lightscribe are fairly quick, but if you do what we do and actually put our emblem (as it should be) on it, it takes FOREVER.

That said I even mentioned doing it a different way and they said they really like how professional it looks and they'll deal with it *shrug*

Jeff
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Billy Welsh

Yeah, we are looking to make it look professional, thus the Sharpies are out.

Is Lightscribe a special add-on (like "undercoating" a new car :o )?  I've not paid much attention recently to the disc drives coming with our PC's, so I could have one and not know it.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting

Bob

Can't upgrade an existing burner.   Would have to swap it out with a burner that does scribing.

Here is a link to many at tiger direct.  Many sources I just linked this for an example. 

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?Nav=|c:89|c:2873|&SRCCODE=WEBGOOCDVD&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE&gclid=CMiC766SzLACFY4FRQodyVrvWg

Billy Welsh

This looks like a better option to me than an inkjet.  We have too many printers already.

Amazon has a good selection of external drives.  Think I'll go that route so we can rotate where needed vs. sticking in one PC.

Even if I had been paying attention, my contract techs are Dell folks, and it appears Dell does not offer this.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting