TAM 11 error

Started by GrantM, May 09, 2012, 01:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrantM

I have 5 workstations that are all the same.  1 of them I get an error in tam about once a week, and it happens anyplace within the program.  I get 2 windows, first being a runtime error for ASVLIST and the other:
----------------------------------------
EXCEPTION DETAIL REPORT

Title      : The Agency Manager
Error Text : An error occurred while moving down one page in the activity list.

Process          : G:\WINTAM\Homebase.exe 11.0.0.9
ASTamSvr Version : 11.0.0.0
Computer Name    : STAT003
User Name        : STAT003
Time/Date        : 10:53:22 05/08/2012
Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Build 7601 Service Pack 1
CPU              : Intel Pentium Pro or Pentium II Rev[170a] Num[2]
Physical Memory  : 59% free of 4193464 KB
Paging File      : 79% free of 8385080 KB

Sequence of Preceding Exceptions

Source : ActivityGetBottom()
  Number :   2147762181 (Decimal)   80044005 (Hex)
  Desc   : Could not read at least 8 bytes at offset 0 in "H:\TAM\TFILE_W.NDX": Error 64: The specified network name is no longer available.

Source : ActivityGetBottom()
  Desc   : Could not read at least 8 bytes at offset 0 in "H:\TAM\TFILE_W.NDX": Error 64: The specified network name is no longer available.

Source : ActivListFindFirstLast()

Source : ActivListFindFirstLast()

Source : RetryReadFile via TamTable: FindLast

Source : RetryReadFile via TamTable: FindLast

Nothing shows up in event viewer.  Computer has windows 7 64bit connect to server 2003.   When I get the error, if I end the task, I can get right back in with no issues.
Thanks

Jeff Zylstra

Welcome Grant!  It would seem like you're having some network connection issues, even if they're just temporary.  I did a quick Google search and came up with this link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2networking/thread/8878da36-19af-410a-ae48-db1a87af741e

I'm sure that others here may have some other ideas as well.  I don't know if the fact that you're using the 64 bit version has anything to do with this or not, but I thought I would mention it.

I should add that you might want to look on the server for event viewer logs, as well as the workstation.  There was also a mention about Symantec anti-virus causing this issue as well.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

GrantM

thats what I was kind of leaning towards but since I was able to ping out and connect to the server afterwards didn't pursue it anymore but if it is just a quick loose in connection I guess I should follow it up more.
Thanks for the reply.

Jan Regnier

Grant
I saw this on Applied KB - maybe something here will shed some light on the issue or give you some places to look for the issue:

https://www.appliedsystems.com/apps/Knowledgebase/Main.aspx?kb=59546
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Bob

Print drivers and default printer will affect W7/64 and tam.

Example I have a Dell 3110cn and when set for default, I get random TAM errors like yours.   When I switch my default printer to HP4200 with proper W7/64 drivers, TAM purrs.

See what there default printer is, and if different than the other 4.  If different, try changing default printer (or update driver to that printer) and repeat steps that caused it to blow up and see if it stops.   

Universal driver won't float and each printer needs a W7/64 print driver for TAM to play nice.

Also check basics like theme.  Fixed font size used by TAM.  If anything different activity list and accounting blow up.

Just some ideas to play with along with the link Jeff gave.  :)

Mark

Quote from: GrantM on May 09, 2012, 01:30:16 PM
thats what I was kind of leaning towards but since I was able to ping out and connect to the server afterwards didn't pursue it anymore but if it is just a quick loose in connection I guess I should follow it up more.
Thanks for the reply.

You might also try a ping -t from the workstation in question to the server and see if anything changes when you see the error.  Might not tell you much, but if it obviously drops a packet or shows a drastic increase in ms, it might tel you something.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jeff Zylstra

Also, and I know this sounds stupid, but check the link that is used to launch TAM.  I've had issues with old links being used that point that didn't point to Wintam.exe, and also links that don't point to a drive letter, but rather the UNC location of \\ServerName\Sharename.  The "SDrvlist", or whatever it was in your post made me think of that.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

GrantM

It's a network connection issue.  Changed out the network card and the port on the switch, so far so good.  thanks!

Charlie Charbonneau

I know it's late, but something I have found that helps with network drops on win7 Pro 32 bit is to change the file sharing connections in the advanced sharing settings of the network and sharing center to 40-50 bit encryption rather than the recommended 128-bit encryption.  Win 7 seems to be less likely to "lose" files that way.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...