Inkjet Fax/Printer commits suicide at receptionist's desk

Started by DebAmstutz, April 25, 2012, 12:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebAmstutz

Today, around noon, our fax/printer that resided on a shelf above the receptionist's desk committed suicide and almost took out the receptionist's phone too!  One moment, everything was okay and the next moment lots of black ink covered a large portion of the phone that sat on the desk below the fax/printer.  I happened to be standing there when it happened and tried to keep damage from the ink to a minimum.  Thank goodness we have a replacement phone available, and thank goodness the black ink came off the formica top on the desk!  Needless to say the fax/printer was laid to rest by the agency's owners, as it had not actually been used for quite some time.  I suppose it was despondent about its lack of use and just decided to end it all.  At least it happened when the office was open and not in the middle of the night or we'd have had an even bigger mess! 

(Clorox wet wipes plus Ajax cleanser were used to clean the desk and no trace of the ink was left there.  That combination did not work for the phone, though, but it did lighten the stain.)

RIP fax/printer, RIP!  ::)

(The receptionist found some other cleaner that is used for the scanner and it took nearly all the ink stain off the phone, so we do not have to replace it!)
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Alice Mooney

Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Jim Jensen

It would have not been 'laid to rest' here - it would have been mercilessly murdered!
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 25, 2012, 04:18:10 PM
It would have not been 'laid to rest' here - it would have been mercilessly murdered!

I'm just surprised that we haven't heard from Hans on this yet.  He's probably still at the range practicing.   ;)
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Bob

Hans and I exchanged emails yesterday.  He's just buried in work and knows if he visits he can spend hours so he is refraining until he gets caught up.   Sometimes I think I should practice that.  Like now with month-end.  Maybe tomorrow..   ;)

Jeff Golas

Rather than suicide it kinda sounds like one of those horror movies where you don't know what's above you until its dripping an unknown (usually undesirable) substance onto your shoulder :-)
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com