Canon Printer overlay problem in TAM

Started by Andrew Carrick, April 12, 2012, 06:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

We use the overlay facility on our Canon printers to hold letterhead stationery so we can print onto plain paper. For some reason 2 users have today reported that the overlay won't work when printing TAM invoices. All settings appear to be OK and I have tested the overlay outside TAM, it works fine.

Anybody use similar system and seen this problem? We haven't restarted PCs yet but I'd like to see if there's a root cause.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Andrew Carrick

More info - restart didn't fix it. If I set printer to default to this overlay it works fine. But then user has to change setting for plain prints. Weird.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Andrew Carrick

This is so weird, it seems to be spreading amongst users but still appears random. Some can print onto letterhead, some can't, even for the same printer. Thing is, I can't see that there are any settings for printing within TAM, any settings are done when you get to the printer window itself.

I've looked at Close Day setup which is the nearest I think you could get, and there's nothing there which would have an effect.  :(
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Ben Thoele

Andrew, I 'm pretty sure you have this problem.    Windows Update KB2656369 breaks TAM printing to paper type on printers!

Take a look at the last post. 

Do you have a print server that you can push a printer out defaulting to this letterhead?

Ben Thoele, I.T. Coordinator
TAM 12.2
33 Users
Mahowald Insurance
Saint Cloud, MN

Andrew Carrick

I'm awaiting my hardware colleague re the second printer issue, but in the meantime I removed that update from one of the PCs that wasn't working, and unfortunately it still didn't work after that. I do suspect some MS update though due to the random nature of the problem here.

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Lynne Desrochers

On the forums someone mentioned that they had a printing issue with update KB2656370. Maybe worth a look?
Lynne Desrochers

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice Mooney

Quote from: Lynne Desrochers on April 18, 2012, 12:01:17 PM
On the forums someone mentioned that they had a printing issue with update KB2656370. Maybe worth a look?
I don't think Andrew has access to the forums. But I could be wrong.
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Lynne Desrochers

Alice, yes, i meant maybe worth a look at removing to see if it resolves the problem. Sorry, it was clear in my head!
Lynne Desrochers

Andrew Carrick

Thanks Alice, no, we don't have access to the Forums as we're not affiliated with Ascnet any more (we are the Confederate secession), but I will have a go at removing that MS update.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Andrew Carrick

Thanks to Lynne and Ben for pointing the way, karma has been given, that was a major headache solved.  :)
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Andrew Carrick

Our Citrix users are still having this problem, despite us having removed the Update from the CTX servers. There is another MS .NET update showing with the same date, but I am loathe to remove it as it claims to be a security fix. Might give it a try anyway.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Bob

You can have multiple versions of .net installed and be ok.  Most of us have too as tam uses 1.x and other apps need something newer.