Upgrade to version 10

Started by Andrew Carrick, March 15, 2010, 06:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

We're upgrading in April, and Support are suggesting we print all criteria pages for user-defined reports. Does this mean we'll loose them during the upgrade or is it just a precaution?   ???
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Bob

Yes all reports but Month-end reports will be wiped clean..  You'll have to set each up again.  Not sure why or how but month-end reports kept in tact.  :)

I have yet to modify my sig to 10.3

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Andrew Carrick

Just a thought, I've got nearly all of ours saved as Customer Reports files so I wonder if I could re-import them after the upgrade?
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Hans Manhave

I would like confirmation that we're talking about custom reports (user defined reports & user defined seaches)?

Or, are we talking about saved criteria for reports?

I use both, but if the first item gets knocked out, then I feel fully justified in staying on 9.3 and proceding with other steps.  However if it is the criteria of each reporting option, I won't be as surprised.  It will be a pain, but we can take an ibuprofen or two or three.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

I mean all our User Defined Reports and Searches, I have saved them as Custom Reports, which exports the 4 basic files behind each, to a safe storage location. It was recommended that we did this "just in case".

I'm assuming Bob meant these reports would be wiped, not just the saved criteria? As you say Hans, resetting criteria is manageable.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

GeorgeW

Our User Defined reports and searches were not wiped out and never have been with an upgrade. Maybe we've just been lucky.  I believe our saved criteria were lost, but actually don't remember for sure.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Bob

Month-end kept so user defined should keep..  Assuming that's equal to user defined.