Too many "Who"s

Started by Jan Regnier, March 12, 2010, 11:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

OK - I found a KB article that addresses this  - so I think I will try that process and see what happens.

I have a couple of people (in our office that's a large %!) that have multiple WHO codes.  Don't know why....assuming somewhere along the line of setup and install (and not knowing the system and then not cleaning up the system after you DO know) they got set up.

I have one where the  two WHO codes are the same (two letter code) - but the display name is different.
I have two were there are actually two codes...one two letter code and one three letter code and one of the codes says "Tam user" and the other code is blank (both are producers).

I want to get this cleaned up so everyone has only ONE WHO code... I want to be sure I don't mess up the activities that are open under any of the above codes.  My thought is to change all of the WHO codes that are open to the code that says "TAM User" and then disable the WHO code I don't want being used anymore.  Will that work?

After looking at NG - is the best way to take care of this (and I don't have tons to work on) change the Open activities to code I want them to be and then change the Activity setup to reflect the WHO to be the Operator code on all activities?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

GeorgeW

Any "WHO" codes that don't show the person as a TAM_USER have probably been created through the Producer file. If they are not a TAM user, then why in the world would you want them to have a WHO code...ugh, drove me nuts when I first got to this agency!  I cleaned our up just by going into those producers and removing the check mark that says to add a WHO code.  I have told the people that add Producers to "never" check the block to add a WHO code. If they are a TAM user they will get a WHO code when I set them up as such.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jan Regnier

George - that makes sense.....I am going to review how everyone is set up and revise so I get it right.  Thanks
Jan Regnier

Bob

Anyhow see Horton around here???   ;)

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Bob Connor on March 12, 2010, 03:14:16 PM

Anyhow see Horton around here???   ;)

I think they are all down in Whoville....
Jan Regnier

Bloody Jack Kidd

I was waiting for the Dr. Seuss references... thanks for not disappointing.
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Jan Regnier

Jan Regnier