TAM reinstall after time change?

Started by Hans Manhave, March 12, 2012, 10:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

It appears that v10.8 reinstalls this morning.  Am I correct in assuming that is caused by the savings of daylight we experienced yesterday?
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

It reinstalls?  Like, ASUPDATE runs when you launch TAM?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Charlie Charbonneau

Tamclient reregistered for me this morning on my station as well.  Version 11.1.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Mark on March 12, 2012, 10:41:51 AM
It reinstalls?  Like, ASUPDATE runs when you launch TAM?

Affirmative.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Bob

GeorgeW

Ours reran tamclient.exe also. TAM has done this after time changes for us for as long as I can remember. :)
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Lynne Desrochers

Well that answers why it ran yesterday. Now that you all mention it, i recall it from the past.
Lynne Desrochers

Robin Deatherage

Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations

Alice Mooney

what is this time change thing you speak of   ::)
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Billy Welsh

@*&@^&%#!!~#&^$!#$&!%

It is so STUPID to have to change 2x a year.

I don't know what came over your politicians to make them ditch this garbage, but kudos to them!
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Hans Manhave

Scientist have shown that it actually saves nothing in our current age.  This dates to the agricultural society of years gone by.  Therefore, it only costs.  Where ore the progressives when you need them?

Lance Bateman

Guess Alice is like Hawaii - no daylight savings time changes.  Ours is due to the fact we are so close to the equator.  Arizona - just to be different?

Alice Mooney

Quote from: Lance Bateman on March 12, 2012, 01:27:43 PM
Guess Alice is like Hawaii - no daylight savings time changes.  Ours is due to the fact we are so close to the equator.  Arizona - just to be different?
actually tried to look that up this morning.  Almost everything I found said AZ doesn't because it's too confusing.
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Bob

As long as I've known AZ and I grew up there, never did..   I wish California would do same!!  DST is lame and I think costs more forcing all those phone, appliances, legacy devices and more having to be updated.  Then the impacts to software investment to fix.   Remember long while back TAM had issues with DST and time stamping.

Just lose it!  Can't say kids anymore.  Kids don't walk to school anymore.  Every parent has to drive them as they don't feel safe.  Farmers, tractors have headlights these days.  What else?