11.1 Maintenance Update

Started by Jim Jensen, February 28, 2012, 11:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

It is available on the downloads page now.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Lance Bateman

Haven't checked yet - but do they have a doc with details of what fixed?

Jim Jensen

Yes, they do. I didn't want to include it here at the moment due to the tweet that gets sent out. It fixes 5-6 issues, like not being able to open attached emails from the /EIM folder days. Also helps with proposals.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

GeorgeW

Thanks, be nice if we were notified somehow besides just the monthly Facts Express.  Especially if we have had many support calls regarding problems that might be fixed with this update!
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jim Jensen

Quote from: GeorgeW on February 28, 2012, 01:33:20 PM
Thanks, be nice if we were notified somehow besides just the monthly Facts Express.  Especially if we have had many support calls regarding problems that might be fixed with this update!

I thought about that as well. Since we have to be logged into the portal to download the upgrades, Applied should be able to pull a report of who has downloaded 11.1. Then they can simply send an email to those people to let them know that a maintenance update has been released. Doesn't need to involve more than that - just a note advising us and we can go look at it. Would only be for maintenance updates, not each new upgrade posted. The MU's address important issues and we need to know when they are there. I'm sure the next Facts Express will mention it, but when's that and will those that need to know always notice it there?
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Robin Deatherage

Not just for those who have already downloaded a particular version but a notice to everyone when a maintenance update is available would be great. 
Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations

Billy Welsh

I believe I said this once before, but it bears repeating:  Before they "reorganized" the marketing department, they had NO problem e-mailing me 2x a week about TAM Online.  So it should not be very hard to send an e-mail about software releases.

Yes, I know I should read Facts Express.  And I should exercise more, too.  But FE is once a month, and in this particular case if I were affected by the fixes in the Maint. release I should not have to wait for FE to let me know my issues have been addressed.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Hans Manhave

I don't even get FE.  It must be a mail service that I blocked.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein