Prospect Database - TAM, BKB or something else?

Started by TrishaOurs, February 01, 2012, 06:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrishaOurs

What does your agency use for prospect database and why?  Our Agency uses BKB, but the department I work in doesn't really comply with the rest of the agency as far as actually managing it.  This year I have been given the task to get our department in line with the rest of the agency on prospect management so I am just trying to find out what other agencies are using and why?  I can tell you that most of the Producers have said that they prefer TAM.

And on another note if you do use TAM do you delete the prospect after you move it to customer?

Thanks!
Trisha Ours, CISR

Lance Bateman

TAM, but I don't allow prospects in the customer file.
Many of the more savvy producers have their own datafiles they use (they are independents).

Hans Manhave

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

TrishaOurs

Quote from: Lance Bateman on February 01, 2012, 07:11:39 PM
Many of the more savvy producers have their own datafiles they use (they are independents).

So, lets say you are working on a prospect in TAM and you write the business.  Do you transfer that data over to the customer side of TAM and then delete it from the prospect database? 
Trisha Ours, CISR

Lance Bateman

Yes - UNLESS there are other policy types they are working on - then only the policy type being written is moved and the prospect remains.

Quote from: TrishaOurs on February 01, 2012, 10:32:03 PM
Quote from: Lance Bateman on February 01, 2012, 07:11:39 PM

So, lets say you are working on a prospect in TAM and you write the business.  Do you transfer that data over to the customer side of TAM and then delete it from the prospect database?

brinkerdana

Yes, but if there are other lines of business still being worked on, we move them to customer.  If those lines aren't written, they show up on expiration lists to follow up on next year.  We prefer to have all info in one place.
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Jeff Zylstra

"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Alice Mooney

Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Lance Bateman

TrishaOurs

Trisha Ours, CISR

Steven Strauss

We had used Goldmine, but as a CRM it fell short for a variety of reasons. We recently made the transition to Salesforce.com. Still a bit early to tell whether or not all of the expected gains we were hoping for come to fruition, but so far so good. We hope to integrate Salesforce with TAM using the ConeXions API in the next few months for maximum benefit.
Steven Strauss - CFO
NIP Group, Inc.  Woodbridge, NJ
Epic 2022 R2
CSR24, Salesforce, Cognos Finance, TM1

Ben Thoele

Quote from: Steven Strauss on February 06, 2012, 02:34:48 PM
We had used Goldmine, but as a CRM it fell short for a variety of reasons. We recently made the transition to Salesforce.com. Still a bit early to tell whether or not all of the expected gains we were hoping for come to fruition, but so far so good. We hope to integrate Salesforce with TAM using the ConeXions API in the next few months for maximum benefit.
Steve Are you wrinting the integration or do you know of one for sale?

Ben Thoele, I.T. Coordinator
TAM 12.2
33 Users
Mahowald Insurance
Saint Cloud, MN

Steven Strauss

We are writing the integration. Technical stuff; well above my pay grade  ;)
Steven Strauss - CFO
NIP Group, Inc.  Woodbridge, NJ
Epic 2022 R2
CSR24, Salesforce, Cognos Finance, TM1

DebAmstutz

We use TAM but for whatever reason, some people have left the prospect on the prospect side after moving to the client side!  I am hoping to convince the powers that be to clean that up.  There is absolutely no reason to keep a client on the prospect side once a policy is written, in my opinion.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

TrishaOurs

Quote from: DebAmstutz on April 12, 2012, 08:43:33 AM
We use TAM but for whatever reason, some people have left the prospect on the prospect side after moving to the client side!  I am hoping to convince the powers that be to clean that up.  There is absolutely no reason to keep a client on the prospect side once a policy is written, in my opinion.

We had that same issue Deb, but I finally was able to convince management to just delete them once they get moved over.  Otherwise it just becomes a big mess.
Trisha Ours, CISR