Renames in TAM

Started by Andrew Carrick, March 02, 2010, 10:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

I hate this utility, seems to go wrong more times than it works, but maybe I'm just over-sensitive becaue we have such a short window to do it - no users on, no open reconciliations (and yes I know Hans will say you can get round that but i'd rather not).

anyway, I tried running a renam at end of Feb for a Company code. For whatever reason this process did not complete, and now accounts tell me that they can't see this company code at Reconciliation level. They also tell me they don't want Company codes changing becaise they have to do journal entries afterwards to tidy up. So question is, can I just delet this code from NIGHTREN.QUE or will that not work now the process has started?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Andrew Carrick

Thought I'd update you on this subject, may do a wiki on it in due course. I didn't delete the line from the .QUE file, and instead restarted the utility. It worked fine and completed the job. Our accounts team were put on warning to check any resulting issues but nothing reported. The moral of this story is that patience is a virtue, and virtue is its own reward. Oh and also that management should tell general users to stop working late at night so often and preventing utiltiies from being run. </rant>
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Bloody Jack Kidd

rant only scores a 3 from the Canadian judges
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Andrew Carrick

LOL. I will accept Bronze. Anyway it's the taking part that counts, not the winning (yeah right).
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK