10.x questions

Started by Hans Manhave, January 03, 2012, 01:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

As someone who just now joint the v.10.x community, I keep being surprised that not more things were corrected before final 10.x release, or that no one apparently was bothered by the strange changes.

1. Why is the Utilities - Company Interface - Suspense File always showing "Alerts! in Suspens" in red?  One can select it and find that there are NO items, the line is now grey, but after another action of some sort, it will be red again.

2. Why, in check/cheque writing, do the two character G/L accounts keep having to be checked?  For example, 205-JL always creates a list of all the 205-JLx accounts and one has to be accepted.  Silly.  Can this be turned off somewhere?  It needs to accept my typing as sufficient, not give me options (as long as what I type is valid).

3. Why, when issuing disbursements (aka checks), does the available balance not update?  One has to leave the check writing routine and re-enter.

4. What is the idea behind no longer showing the underlines for the hotkeys?  Is there a setting I can change somewhere or do we have to fear that this whole feature (keyboard hotkeys) is being taken away?  That would be terrible for productivity. 

There are more of these anomalies.  I may add to this list. 
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Billy Welsh

Personally I HATE that some of the accounting-related pop-up windows now ignore what I am typing (JE's being one but there are others) - no longer can I start typing the name of the recurring/saved entry I need; I have to find it with the scroll-bar look-alike.

>:(
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Alice Mooney

Don't have answers for you Hans. But instead of getting upset b/c you're right, I reread your post in the voice of Andy Rooney.  Much better now  ;)
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Hans Manhave

No hope for any of this to be corrected in 10.x for the 10 series is done. As far as I know, not fixed in 11.0 or .1.  So it goes. 
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Bob

I think in terms of accounting experience 11.x is worse.   Lots of little things broken and makes inconvenient.  Like posting db off statements, each time you are done with client it jumps to 1st client you have instead of staying put from last look up.  Other minor things broke that make simple things more tedious.  I needed to upgrade TAM just to move forward with my workstations and have support.   Haven't loaded 11.1 yet as year-end not finished.  When it is I will.  :)

Hans Manhave

I have been getting reports from
accounting staff that the Accounting Month misbehaves in installments and vouchers.  Not looked at it myself. Some large client must have liked these changes.

TrishaOurs

Quote from: Bob Connor on January 03, 2012, 04:35:00 PM
I think in terms of accounting experience 11.x is worse.   Lots of little things broken and makes inconvenient.  Like posting db off statements, each time you are done with client it jumps to 1st client you have instead of staying put from last look up.  Other minor things broke that make simple things more tedious.  I needed to upgrade TAM just to move forward with my workstations and have support.   Haven't loaded 11.1 yet as year-end not finished.  When it is I will.  :)

I would have to agree with Bob.  We are putting 11.1 into production on 1-13.  Hope that will help.
Trisha Ours, CISR

GeorgeW

we have a large accounting staff and I've really heard nothing about problems with 11.0  We are moving to 11.1 on Jan. 14
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2