Hanover - Computer Update failure

Started by Jan Regnier, December 30, 2011, 11:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

Apparently several weeks ago Hanover did some "routine updates" after which their system somewhat blew up.  Access to many of the items available online was not working.  They have spent the last two weeks putting things back together and are indicating everything is back in order BUT there may be some intermittent issues with access to some items.

I have 3 policies that I still cannot get into as of today so I called to confirm if the issue with these 3 was indeed related to the major problem they had.  Don't know for sure that it is  - however, I was told they were given a work-around for these items - only one person in the dept could do it and the decs could only be faxed...which as of right now is OK for these 3 - just need to see the decs!  So, this is just a FYI for anyone who is having an issue with viewing Hanover decs - you can call and request a copy.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Ian Blundell

Hanover's website had a problem with Java recently which stopped the dropdown menus from working.  We had to uninstall Java 6 Update 29 to get them working again.
Do you know if this is fixed yet?
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Jan Regnier

I don't know, Ian.   We had a Java issue on one machine a few months ago and had to do the same.  Haven't had that issue since that time on any other machines.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio