Acord 25 - certs

Started by Hans Manhave, December 28, 2011, 03:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

What is up with not using the full document space for the description/comment blocks in the 5/2010 form?  Does nobody use this space?  It now requires more notes, more pages etc. to be created to contain what could be in that block.  I am not a forms person, but I thought Acord had these things out for comment before they changed.  Is this just and Applied thing or just an Acord thing?  Not good.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

If I understand what you're saying, I swore I read a comment from Jan that suggested you just delete the text and re-enter it and it will then use all of the space.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Hans Manhave

that is related to the entry field. my concern this time is with the printed document. i spoke with Applied and confirmed the free space on the printed form. I apologize if I am now repeating my previous inquiries. Quite a few things actually failed with this update, maybe I did too, lol.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

Ahh, ok.  Well, you could always consider moving to something like CimpleCerts if you issue enough certificates.  We don't use TAM for ACORD 25 at all anymore.

Definitely not a fix, but does allow us to use the latest form as soon as it's available!
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Hans Manhave

Once, long ago, the Apps were a separate module and could be purchased separately from TAM.
This looks like an interesting option, but no prices and I have not looked at anything else.

TrishaOurs

We are able to use all of the space in the description box on the acord 25 certificates.  Its the address block where I run into issues with not being able to use all the white space.

I think our Agency is starting to make a push to issue all of our certificates with CSR24.  Its too bad that the CSR24 certificates do not print as nicely as the Applied generated certificates.
Trisha Ours, CISR

Jan Regnier

Ok....I see....ON SCREEN it does fill the whole area.....but when you print it only prints out as Hans showed on his attachment.  Does it on both the 9/09 and 5/10 cert editions.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Hans Manhave

I showed a user how the 'W' and the 'w' take up so much space that had to be accommodated even if that would never happen in the real world. Still, Applied could program it differently so more chars could be used. All the characters from the earlier editions show but it is small and lots of room
for more.

TrishaOurs

Quote from: Jan Regnier on December 29, 2011, 12:18:02 PM
Ok....I see....ON SCREEN it does fill the whole area.....but when you print it only prints out as Hans showed on his attachment.  Does it on both the 9/09 and 5/10 cert editions.

Oh yeah, I see that now.
Trisha Ours, CISR