Production report sorting

Started by Hans Manhave, February 24, 2010, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

It appears that if I run a Production Report with Major Sort: Customer code:Subtotal by Sort/No Page Break 

I get a "No Customer Code" listed as a subheader in my report and no sort happens (items list in some order).

There is no sort available by policy number in any of the sorts.

What is a person to do, besides writing one's own report or playing in Excel?
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

Maybe it's a "reset criteria" needed for that user? You can't sort by policy number in the canned report I'm afraid, only Policy Type.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

Isn't that funny?  Sorting by policy number is such an obvious need for insurance.  I know, I'm an ugly duckling with non-retail requirements.  We need to pay surplus lines taxes in multiple states and we assign our own policy numbers.  We created a system to the madness, but TAM was holding me back.

TAM is just fine though, when you can supplement it by writing your own reports and so I made one.  Sorted neatly by policy number and subtotalled, then by effective date.  Life is good.  I just keep being surprised by some things being in TAM Reports already and I not knowing about it, so I thought I'd ask.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein