Proposals in TAM Attachments

Started by Andrew Carrick, November 28, 2011, 08:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Got a weird one here. One specific client, when we merge multiple documents via Proposals, shows Issuing Co on each doc as the company on the first policy, and doesn't merge the correct Company onto the templates.

Have tried another customer and that one works fine, shows correct ICo on each merged document. Anybody suggest a reason why the first one is busted?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jeff Zylstra

I believe that variables are stored in temp files somewhere during the merge process.  Perhaps a little spring cleaning of temp files might help.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

I have found it interesting what one can find under x:\doc\queue\word  (where x: is the TAM drive).

At one point queued items were not clearing.  I don't recall all the peculiarities of it at this time, but it had to be handled to continue.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

I had a look in there but couldn't see anything obviously wrong. Have tried again this morning with same client and got same problem result. I then tried a single proposal document instead of multiple merge, and got wrong Insurer showing again.

Can't see any temp files anywhere that might be related but that does seem like a good theory. Will keep looking and report back.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK