Report - While I'm in the area...

Started by Heather Reetz, February 18, 2010, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather Reetz

We offer a variety of services, products, etc. for municipalities in several states.

So, say a producer is visiting a meeting in the northern part of the state.  While s/he's in the area, maybe there are customers that we have, that s/he could visit.  We may service their retirement plan, but have not yet talked to them about health insurance, for example.

So, looking for quickest, simplist way to have the producer (or more probably CSR) pull up the current customers in a given area, and the policies they currently have with us.

First zip codes were brought up, but I know that we have gotten in the habit of putting the county name on the Client Detail screen in the Note field.

Thoughts, ideas, experiences?
Heather Reetz
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!

Jim Jensen

Is area code helpful? If not, perhaps you can use one of the 3 User Fields on the Client detail to create some codes that will be of use for it.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Heather Reetz

Well, not really; too broad.  What would be helpful is to be able to pull the county name out of that note field.

Maybe Extra Criteria involving something like this:  (Cust.note_n,"KALAMAZOO")  where Kalamazoo would be in that field.
Heather Reetz

Mark

Heather,

Once you get your report information you can use something like this Geocoding Tool Excel sheet to map it out:

http://media.juiceanalytics.com/downloads/Geocoding%20Tool%20v3.1.xls

There are others out there like this, and maybe you already have something to do this for you, but I've played with this one in the past and it worked well.

Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Heather Reetz

Well, I'm using a Search - Policies-Current because I not only want to reference the client detail of the customer, but I want the output to give me the policies they currently have.

Hans helped me with this:

substr(cust.c,40,17)="KALAMAZOO"

It works! 

Thanks again, Hans!  You rock!   :-*
Heather Reetz