Locking Bytes errors

Started by Andrew Carrick, February 16, 2010, 06:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

We have two new starters who seem to be creating locking bytes errors which interfere with the network and slow all other users down. I don't understand why because they are using PCs that others have used before without problems. As far as I can tell their log in access is the same as for any other CSR.

Anybody got any ideas please?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jan Regnier

Andrew

What are they doing when this happens?  What area of TAM are they working in?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Andrew Carrick

Seems to be a bit random but more often when the uers are in Word in TAM, and when saving/exiting
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jan Regnier

Andrew

I am sending you (emailing you with attachment) a report I found in AS KB  - it's older info but it may provide some direction to finding the issue.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

insurebatimore

We've had some Locking Index nightmares in the past, but ours was mostly related to history.

There's an updated DLL around that helps w/ some locking.  ASDBF.DLL in the X:\Wintam folder.  The newer DLL has a modified date of 11/4/2009 and is Version 10.4.0.0

If you want to try it, shoot me an email and I'll send you the file.  It's too large to attach to a post.

Be sure to make a backup of your old DLL if you decide to use this one.  The usual disclaimers about me not being responsible for anything you do apply.

Andrew Carrick

Thanks, appreciate the offer. We're only on 7.6 at the moment and when we move to 10 we'll have a shiny new server, plus we're thinking of upgrading some other stuff, so I'll see what happens first.

By the way, where's Batimore?  ;)
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

insurebatimore

Underwater, currently.  Maryland, in the good (subject to interpretation) ol' USA.