Urgent discussion on Commercial Download

Started by Donna Syroid, October 25, 2011, 12:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donna Syroid

So I just found out today that there is a problem with commercial download with Applied.  We had a download that we received and for some reason the liability limits were missing on the GL app so I had the insurance company re-download the account and everything downloaded ok on this account the second time.    So I started to look in history to see what was happening and found a download for an entirely different client.  So I looked on several clients and every one that I looked at had downloads for the wrong client!

I talked to Applied today and they were aware of this and dialed in and downloaded a hotfix for this.  I am told they cannot tell me what accounts are incorrect.  This obviously can create a big problem if our data base is not accurate.  I personally don't understand why Applied isn't calling every one of their customers that are doing commercial download to get their systems corrected.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what are you doing?

Donna M. Syroid

TrishaOurs

Yikes, we have not had any issues with that here! 
Trisha Ours, CISR

Donna Syroid

Just as an update, we think the missing limits might have happened on a change request gone crazy as the trail seems to be so.   

I searched the knowledge base KB60381 and it says that the history app is correct the policy number is not.

But I wonder if there are any other hotfixes out there that I need to know about.

Jim Jensen

I bet you're on 10.x, like 10.6 or 10.7? There is a 'maintenance update' for 10.7 for this, which is probably what they applied. They also have a maintenance update for 11.0 and have handled it similarly - there's a notation on the download page, but you have to contact support to actually get the update. I think they did put something in the Facts Express about the 10.x maintenance update. If I recall correctly though, the info about the fix didn't list all of the remedies that are in it, including this one (they may have updated it later), which I think is a big mistake - list EVERYTHING it fixes! I didn't download it because it didn't show fixing the issues I had and I didn't need the fixes that were listed.

The bad thing is that if you loaded 10.7 and they just post the update file there, you've no reason to go looking for it if you don't hear about it elsewhere. One would think they could parse their client data for who has either downloaded 10.7 or shows they are on it and notify them somehow, perhaps using the portal login info or other contact info. I don't know why they want to restrict access to it by making us contact support for it.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis