WORD inside TAM

Started by brinkerdana, October 19, 2011, 02:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brinkerdana

Is there someplace where I can set a default font for TAM Word?

Also, I need help with if statement or macro set-up.  I want to be able to add direct phone line and email address linked to CSR Name in the closing of form letters.

Any WORD wizards out there?

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Mark

Haven't tried it, but possibly in the ASWORD.dot file?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Bob

Yes you would make a new template to replace words default template.   Since MS Office keeps changing not sure if you would edit the file Mark mentioned or normal.dot which I think Word makes if one does not exist.   Been done in the past and I'm confident Ian or Todd Arnold would know.  Perhaps someone else can confirm.  :)

Mark

normal.dot is replaced when it does not exist.  I'd never try to put anything in there with expectations of it sticking.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jeff Zylstra

I think that it's ASWORD.DOT.  I'd try that first.

On the if statement, I would just use the "wizard" in Word.  You'll have to use multiple "IF" statements for each CSR.  The syntax would be something like IF CSR="DB", Dana's Phone number, Fax Number and E-mail address, else "".  The "" just means that you leave that box in the wizard blank so that it doesn't add any spaces or lines which would throw off alignment and/or layout.  It's simpler than you think.  You can handle it.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Lance Bateman

To add the extra info, wonder if the setup provided before regarding signatures might help or work?  I've attached what was provided before (not by me, but I love it).

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Lance Bateman on October 19, 2011, 04:23:39 PM
To add the extra info, wonder if the setup provided before regarding signatures might help or work?  I've attached what was provided before (not by me, but I love it).

Good call, Lance.  If I remember correctly, the beauty of this method is that you can reference ONE document that holds all of the CSR names, phone numbers and e-mail address.  If someone leaves, is hired, changes their name, etc... it is all reflected in that one document rather than having to edit the entire library of documents.  +1 for a good memory.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Hans Manhave

Looks like something Graham B. put together.  Handy stuff.  I see the initials 'GB', a subliminal referal to certain European island nation, maybe.  :D

We show users how to keep copies of normal.dot, personal.xls(b), wtsetup.ini and other such things in a safe place.  Those that create or modify the files know or are shown how to do it, others don't need to worry.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

brinkerdana

Thanks, guys!  This will help a lot!

I'm revamping an entire collection of form letters.
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: HMan on October 19, 2011, 08:45:40 PM
Looks like something Graham B. put together.  Handy stuff.  I see the initials 'GB', a subliminal referal to certain European island nation, maybe.  :D

We show users how to keep copies of normal.dot, personal.xls(b), wtsetup.ini and other such things in a safe place.  Those that create or modify the files know or are shown how to do it, others don't need to worry.

I think that "Ray" (can remember last name) from New York did this, but I'm not sure.  He's done some handy stuff with Word as well as Graham.  We're lucky to have many imaginative and talented folks here!

brinkerdana

We're lucky to have many imaginative and talented folks here!

I'll second that!

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired