Acord 25 (2010/05)

Started by Hans Manhave, October 13, 2011, 04:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Is this form in TAM version 10.x (if so, what is the absolute value of 'x'), if not in 10.x is this in TAM 11.x (and what is 'x').

I see a project in my near future.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Lynne Desrochers

Lynne Desrochers

Jan Regnier

Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Hans Manhave

Now I can start defining the project:

WinXPsp3 machines, 1GB or better.  Win2008r2 virtual server.

TAM 9.4 Build 0 to TAM 10.8.  I should just continue on to TAM 11.x at that point.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Lance Bateman

Hans, I'd wait before going to 11.0 - just like all other Applied N.0 versions, there appear to be some hidden problems.  My guide - I usually hold off for further updates and watch for what the very brave ones have found.  Cluck cluck on my part, maybe.

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Lance Bateman on October 13, 2011, 06:56:47 PM
Hans, I'd wait before going to 11.0 - just like all other Applied N.0 versions, there appear to be some hidden problems.  My guide - I usually hold off for further updates and watch for what the very brave ones have found.  Cluck cluck on my part, maybe.

I must say that 11.0 has had fewer issues than 10.0 and 9.0. Probably partially due to the fact that not a whole lot was really changed - it was primarily an update to processes from 16-bit to 32-bit. I think most of the issues have been noted here now and deal mostly with accounting commissions.

Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Hans Manhave

I agree with not going to a .0 release.  8.0 and 9.0 were disasters.  Fortunately we were beta testers and had great support.  I remember 9.0 specifically as a very difficult period and that is when I followed the advise of my Canadian friend P.D. and got pdfFactory.  Unless that was at version 8.0.  Anyway, I could not longer continue beta testing because of the significant time involvement and comparatively minute consideration from Applied.  Not worth the man hours. 

Now, by the time I get 10.8 installed, I expect to be so happy and comfy and there being so many changes for the people here to get used to that 11.1 should be out and I can just continue to upgrade and be extremely current.  I secretly hope that there be a clean and complete conversion to Epic at some point.  I already have SQL Server 2005 with plenty of licenses just waiting to do something useful.  I have dreams of grandeur, but have never seen Epic.