Claims Downloads

Started by DanaCarroll, October 13, 2011, 09:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanaCarroll

Our agency hasn't used the claims download functions due to problems that present themselves with downloads.  If anyone has used this function would you pass on your comments, good and bad.  It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Dana Carroll

Jan Regnier

We do download claims BUT.... we only use the info from the Comm Log.  I do not take them out of suspense and attach to client.....the downloaded claim info will overwrite what we have put in in the description area.  Our info is more detailed than the info coming with the download.

We use the info to F/U on claim payments especially for WC and to determine if clients have reported claims directly to the company - and we have no info for that claim.

I do delete them out of suspense after a while...

IF our info would not be overwritten, I am sure we would use the process as it was intended.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Hans Manhave

Are there docs on this feature?  I would like to try that with some claim info I can produce from other sources. 
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Sara Lieser

We accept the claims download even though te description is overwritten.  We rely on the loss notice form details and claim notes for info we need to keep.
Sara Lieser
Commercial CSR/Workflow
Mahowald Insurance Agency
Saint Cloud, MN
Epic 2014, 39 Users

Jim Jensen

Dana, what issues are you experiencing? I've beta tested claims download for 3 carriers. There is a section on claims download in the Ascnet Download Guide - which is only available to Ascnet members, but is free to them. My opinion is that the potential overwriting of the claims description is not ideal, but is a fair trade overall to not having to enter much info after the initial report. Payments dock in and we see the amount paid and totaled, plus adjusters are updated and the claim is closed by the download when appropriate. More accurate claims info for us. It's not perfect, but more efficient in the end in my opinion. If we need more detail on the description, we can always add a claim note with the additional detail.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis