Suggestions for Hosted E-Mail

Started by Jeff Zylstra, October 12, 2011, 03:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Quote from: Bloody Jack Kidd on October 13, 2011, 02:02:05 PM
looks like they've made some changes:

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

Only problem with that is they have been having some issues of being blocked by spam filters.  IT was explained to me that they were not filtering their outbound email or something, and some blocks of Google IPs got grey/black listed.

Not sure if that's been resolved, or even spoken of, since I last heard.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Mark

Regardless of compliance, etc, I'd still support a move to Google for email.  Especially sine you get great spam protection by default.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Bloody Jack Kidd

what I find odd is that GMail seems to have better Spam filtering than Postini... makes no sense
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Mark

Quote from: Bloody Jack Kidd on October 13, 2011, 02:50:11 PM
what I find odd is that GMail seems to have better Spam filtering than Postini... makes no sense

Agreed!!!  I think it's got something to do with the rule hierarchy.  One thing is fore sure, I NEVER got spam in my Gmail Inbox until AFTER they acquired Postini.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Bob

It is amazing how accurate Gmail is with spam.   Don't think I've ever had one piece in my inbox last two years.   It's only trapped one good email in spam in all that time is well.   

Mark

Quote from: Bob Connor on October 13, 2011, 02:55:21 PM
It is amazing how accurate Gmail is with spam.   Don't think I've ever had one piece in my inbox last two years.   It's only trapped one good email in spam in all that time is well.   

Crowd sourcing at its finest?

I don't think it has ever trapped a legit email for me, but I honestly never check.  If Google considers it spam, then I do too! lol
Mark Piontek, MBA

Charlie Charbonneau

Cloudmark was at one time a good/cheap spam catcher for hosted pop mail.  Might check into it as well.  When I used it, it was a download that tied into Outlook as an add-on. 
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...