Company (Insurer) Reconciliations oddity

Started by Andrew Carrick, February 10, 2010, 04:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Our accounts people have told me of a strange thing occurring. We use insurer Allianz, that well known German company, and TAM code is ALL. When they list statements for reconciliation, ALL seems to default a description of "All" rather than Allianz - see attached screen shot which may help. It's not a major problem but anybody know where the descriptions pull from, and if we can fix this?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on February 10, 2010, 04:21:54 AM
Our accounts people have told me of a strange thing occurring. We use insurer Allianz, that well known German company, and TAM code is ALL. When they list statements for reconciliation, ALL seems to default a description of "All" rather than Allianz - see attached screen shot which may help. It's not a major problem but anybody know where the descriptions pull from, and if we can fix this?

I'm guessing that the issue is that there are options for reconciling "all companies" and your code is confusing TAM. It would likely go away if you rename the company code to "ALZ" or something other than 'ALL'. Or it could be a latent Nazi in the company who still wants to rule the world. Vorsicht!
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Andrew Carrick

LOL! Weirdest thing is that we've had that code for years and no-one has reported it or noticed it before now. I'd rather not rename it as it's a big account and I don't want to risk any errors during rename. We've had them before.....
Thanks.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

andrew_ashby

Just when I'd finally got round to thinknig about renaming from CO to ALL ! Don't think I'll bother.
Andrew Ashby
Ashby Wray & Partners Ltd
Wolverhampton - UK
TAM 7.6, 8 users, W2k Server + XP Pro, ActFax, Mdaemon ??, Panda Gatedefender Integra

Andrew Carrick

Ho Ho.

Have you still got EAG for Eagle Star? I was thinking about all those old company names recently - I was wallowing in nostalgia. GA, Provincial, Prudential, GRE, Sun Alliance & Phoenix.....
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK