Main Menu

Windows 7 font size

Started by Karen, September 29, 2011, 02:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

We have a Windows 7  32 bit new station and when the user is in TAM the font is very light and we can not find how to make this a bolder print.  Have been in display settings and have tried everything that we can find.   Does anyone have any suggestions on this.

Thanks
Karen
Spreng-Smith Agency
Applied 10.5
Windows 7 

Bob

Font is light or is it too small to view.

Can't really be changing fonts specifically as it will blow up TAM.   1st thing is to make sure you are using Windows Classic Theme.  Important!

From there you can adjust the resolution.  Try 1024x768..  Next one down is 800x600 too big..

If it is the font being to light, could be bad monitor or even video.  Try replacing monitor.

Good luck!  :)

Jan Regnier

There is a Knowledge Base article on the Applied Portal addressing this very issue:

KB61399

Basically it says "Screen Resolution",  text setting should be Smaller 100% -which is the default and confirm DPI is set at 100% (under set custom size dpi). Suggests logging out of Windows- also confirm workstation meets Applied specs.

Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Karen

Thank you for the replies - I will look into this tomorrow!!!   

GeorgeW

So what problems occur if you don't use Windows classic with Windows 7?  I normally just use TS to access TAM, but have used TAM on my Windows 7 laptop, not using windows classic, and haven't noticed any problems?
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Bob

Some of the accounting module uses a font in windows classic.  Gives an error without it.  I'd be curious with Version 11 if it's still needed.   For most won't have an issue, but for your bookkeeper or anyone who works with the accounting side, it gives object error without windows classic theme.   Documented in Applied Portal KB.  :)

Really hoping Ver 11 drops all the outdated requirements, classic theme, config.nt, autoexec.nt etc..  Most all that was needed for old programming which I hear now replaced.   Major change in v11 is accounting is now 32bit finally.  With that none of these old restrictions should apply.  Sure someone can test and confirm.  :)

Gene Foraker

Quote from: Bob Connor on September 30, 2011, 11:31:03 AM
Some of the accounting module uses a font in windows classic.  Gives an error without it.  I'd be curious with Version 11 if it's still needed.   For most won't have an issue, but for your bookkeeper or anyone who works with the accounting side, it gives object error without windows classic theme.   Documented in Applied Portal KB.  :)

Really hoping Ver 11 drops all the outdated requirements, classic theme, config.nt, autoexec.nt etc..  Most all that was needed for old programming which I hear now replaced.   Major change in v11 is accounting is now 32bit finally.  With that none of these old restrictions should apply.  Sure someone can test and confirm.  :)

You are right, it "should" work.    My guess though is that Applied will only test with vanilla systems and therefor say only the old setup is "supported".
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Billy Welsh

Quote from: Bob Connor on September 30, 2011, 11:31:03 AM

We are on 10.7 with a Windows & 32-bit station running Accounting w/o Classic.  No apparent issues.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Ian Blundell

I tried changing the DPPI setting on my Win7 and TAM 11 workstation to increase the font size.  I ended up having to change it back because of problems in the invoice screens even with everything now in 32-bit.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Karen

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - we fianlly got settings to where it looks MUCH better!!!  Have a happy Friday and great weekend,

Karen
Spreng-Smith Agency

Matthew Udovich

Quote from: Billy Welsh on September 30, 2011, 12:30:12 PM
We are on 10.7 with a Windows & 32-bit station running Accounting w/o Classic.  No apparent issues.

The only time mine borks is if I need to open a custum dec  >:( Then I have to change it back to windows classic.

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Matthew Udovich on September 30, 2011, 02:57:39 PM
Quote from: Billy Welsh on September 30, 2011, 12:30:12 PM

The only time mine borks is if I need to open a custum dec  >:( Then I have to change it back to windows classic.

I hadn't thought to try it out, but 11.0 updated the custom decs programming to 32-bit and changed the appearance of them. I changed my station to the XP them and they displayed just fine. TAM still doens't "fit" the windows together cleanly, but it doesn't bork on custom decs anymore using a different theme than classic.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Matthew Udovich

Quote from: Jim Jensen on October 03, 2011, 08:32:21 AM
but it doesn't bork on custom decs anymore using a different theme than classic.

SWEET!! Must be about time to update for us then :-)

Jeff Golas

Another idea - turn off Cleartype in Windows 7...I did and my screens are MUCH sharper now.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com