Claims Branch query

Started by Andrew Carrick, September 28, 2011, 05:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Is there a utility for changing the Branch flag on claims? Some got set up in error on a defunct branch and now don't show on reports. I can edit DBF manually (disclaimer noted) but wondered if there is a proper route for this.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jim Jensen

Not that I know of - branch is one of those data fields that doesn't even display on the claim detail screen, but is drawn from the policy screen data when created. AFAIK, you'd have to either delete the claim and recreate it after correcting the policy, or manually edit the databases.  I learned a bit about this when learning that Producers and CSRs are also assigned to claims, but you can't see it.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jim Jensen

I remember how I learned some of this - dealing with claims download and trying to set follow-up codes in activities. Couldn't figure out how they were being determined and finally had to chat with an AS programmer about it. Now I can't recall if the CSR designation comes from the policy or the customer level. Either way, the result later is the same.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Andrew Carrick

I edited the DBF last night so all appears OK now.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on September 29, 2011, 03:36:58 AM
I edited the DBF last night so all appears OK now.

Cheers! You're braver or more experienced than I.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Andrew Carrick

Praise indeed, from your goodself. Actually it's not difficult, I used DBF Viewer, can recommend it, although "disclaimers apply" regarding DFB editing....
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Billy Welsh

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on September 30, 2011, 10:42:36 AM
Praise indeed, from your goodself. Actually it's not difficult, I used DBF Viewer, can recommend it, although "disclaimers apply" regarding DFB editing....

Can you be more specific on the "flavor" of DBF Viewer that you are using?  I get several possibilities via Google.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Billy Welsh

Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect