Letter32 error on Citrix server

Started by Andrew Carrick, September 20, 2011, 06:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

One of our 2 servers had a fit on Sunday and now it won't integrate Word properly. When you try and create a new letter it goes straight to Save and Exit window. I've known this problem before and we've checked all the (many) possibilities, including:

• No user name in MS Word outside of TAM
    Run ASUPDATE
    DBF reindex
Anybody got any ideas please? Could be a registry error?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Andrew Carrick

Here is full error message attached. I notice from Task manager that Winword.exe is actually running, but not visible.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Alice

Andrew - this is all I found so far. Not exact but I'm still looking.

Andrew Carrick

Thanks Alice, I'll give it a go tonight when all users are off.   :)
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice

One of the things I check first is to make sure the macro security is still set to low. Somehow that changed every once in a while on our Citrix servers and never found out why.
Also check even viewer on the server and see what happened during it's seizure.

Andrew Carrick

The macro setting had changed, thanks, but the main problem remains....
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Andrew Carrick

Thanks Alice that appears to have sorted it, although we also looked at DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings on the server as well. We think Windows Updates caused the issue after a routine maintenance reboot.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice

Yeah...Updates do that sometimes.  Could be quite the puzzle to figure out.  Glad it's all good now  :)

Charlie Charbonneau

Andrew, count yourself lucky, that's better than the Sharepoint update that borked my sharepoint site, I'm still recovering from that!
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK