Zero Out Commission on Billing Screens w/Zero Premium

Started by Sara Lieser, August 16, 2011, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Lieser

Is there a way/utility to zero out commission on all billing screens where the premium is zero?
Sara Lieser
Commercial CSR/Workflow
Mahowald Insurance Agency
Saint Cloud, MN
Epic 2014, 39 Users

Andrew Carrick

Not that I know of. As a separate issue, are you sure that's a good idea? We find it useful to have figures in there, certainly for live business but also for lapsed or cancelled so we know how much has gone.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

DebAmstutz

How would there be commission showing on zero premium?  However, if there is, outside of TAM you can run the recalculate commission utility and if the premium is zero, you'll end up with zero commission.

Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Andrew Carrick

I've never actually run that one in 7 years of TAM. Is that all it does Deb? May sound like a silly question but can't see why you'd need it - is it connected to Download (which we don't have in the UK)?
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

@Andrew - You should run it some evening and see if anything shows up.  It creates a report at the end and then you'll know if you needed it or not.  I use it regularly.  Even so much that I created a Workspace Macro to do this on schedule.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

Thanks, will do. Years ago Steve Booth used to talk about "hazardous processes" in Utilities, which had big effects on data (e.g. Synch Policy Codes). Without committing you, what's the worst that could happen if I run this?
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

DebAmstutz

Yes, it's something used by agencies who download, and I don't think anything bad will happen, Andrew. 
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Hans Manhave

The worst that can happen?  That you find out that you should use this utility after all and that you wish you had.  Or maybe that you have some assignments for some people.  ;)
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Sara Lieser

I think we may try that. 

Our procedure is to reflect the whole policy premium in the 001 billing screen only.  And our issue is on policies w/multiple billing screens/apps where, at some point, the commission was entered using $ and the change was pushed out to all sub's billing screens (probably w/ policy dates update) so that all screens show the $ and copy in the commission even though there is no premium entered in that billing screen.  A manager needed a particular report that doesn't have an option to use first risk only and this report uncovered the problem.

We also found  some policies where the 001 billing screen was corrected to commission type % but the $ and its associated amounts remained in the subs.  This could easily happen if the user choses "no" when asked if they want to reflect changes on all billing screens.
Sara Lieser
Commercial CSR/Workflow
Mahowald Insurance Agency
Saint Cloud, MN
Epic 2014, 39 Users