Main Menu

Canon DR-3080C

Started by Mark, August 12, 2011, 08:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

We have one of these old SCSI scanners that had been working out quite well for us for the past 5 or 6 years with eTFile.  Just recently, we noticed that it is pulling in all the pages, but not registering them.  We can scan a stack of 90 sheets of paper and it will tell us there were no bar codes or it will only register 3 bar codes and 15 pages even though it went through the whole stack of 90 sheets with 7 bar codes.

It's all random, really.  I am somewhat making up those numbers.  I'm wondering if it might be the SCSI cable or if t might be eTFile related.

Has anyone seen this before?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Andrew Carrick

We had a DR 3080 and it worked fine. When was the last time you cleaned it? Do any bearings need oiling or replacing perhaps?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Mark

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on August 12, 2011, 10:28:21 AM
We had a DR 3080 and it worked fine. When was the last time you cleaned it? Do any bearings need oiling or replacing perhaps?

This thing has been pretty well maintained.  We had some maintenance issues with it a few years ago and becomewell versed on keeping her well oiled, sticky roller'd, and clear glassed
Mark Piontek, MBA

Orlando Alonzo

Check to see if anything being scanned 1 after the other is for the same code.
Orlando F. Alonzo III
RPM Insurance Agency • Staten Island, NY • oalonzo@rpminsurance.com

Mark

Quote from: Orlando Alonzo on August 17, 2011, 02:40:06 PM
Check to see if anything being scanned 1 after the other is for the same code.

Sometimes it is.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Orlando Alonzo

This was an issue with older version of eTfile (not sure it was corrected on the newer ones). The scan will not attach even though it scanned all the papers. Try separating the same code ones.
Orlando F. Alonzo III

Mark

Interesting.  Do you have any idea what versions we're talking about?  I think I am possibly a version behind the current (AI).
Mark Piontek, MBA

Jeff Zylstra

Give it a try outside of ET-File.  If you can use TAM's own bar coding, give that a try to see if you can rule out ET-File problems versus true scanner/hardware issues.  Also, you might want to try calibrating your scanner again using the little half sheet of white paper that came with the scanner.  I've been told that this does 2 things.  First it sets a baselines for the white to dark areas being scanned, and then it's supposed to test or set the page length sensing.  Don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds plausible, and it fits in with my "quick, easy and cheap" diagnostic requirements.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Orlando Alonzo

Version 4.1.x.x possibly.

Quote from: Mark on August 17, 2011, 02:56:46 PM
Interesting.  Do you have any idea what versions we're talking about?  I think I am possibly a version behind the current (AI).
Orlando F. Alonzo III

Mark

After a lot of very very long phone calls with eTFile, it seems the rebuilding the user's profile has resolved the problem.
Mark Piontek, MBA