Time and cost measurement

Started by Andrew Carrick, February 01, 2010, 10:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Anybody using TAM to assess costs of handling business? If so, do you use Activities?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Dawn Shirley

I only know 1 agency that did this to see what large account they were losing money on.  It was in 15 minute increments and a certificate issuance was 15.   so they put it in the amount field and could run it when they wanted.

I would think a CSR would know and could make a recommendation.
Dawn Shirley
GEM Insurance, Houston, TX
TAM 10.3; @fax; citrix; 40 users

Hans Manhave

I remember this as something that was done either with Timeline or something else (AB Solutions?).  Was related to the activities, which I thought captured time as part of the record keeping.  Seemed like a lot of trouble because it cannot take other things into account such as the rounding of business, referrals, etc.  Much like attributing overhead to the impulse snack stand at the register or the little snacks being sold from the top of the counter.  It looked really interesting though.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

Dawn is one of the guys?  Or is that a Britishism?  :-)
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK