Pop-ups/Tooltips/Infotips??

Started by Adri, July 29, 2011, 11:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adri

Is there a way to create a document that when you hover over a word it drops-down the definition?

Example:
Emergency Travel Assistance - Included with our life product through our partnership with Assist America. ETA provides emergency medical and personal assistance to covered employees and eligible dependents when they need help and are 100 or more miles away from home. Example: I have a daughter studying abroad in Florence, Italy and she is injured. Assist America will provide solutions and consultation services around the globe.
Identity Theft Protection Security services to help prevent and plan for security threats anywhere in the world. Includes consultation and emergency advice in a crisis.

Anything in blue I'd like to hide and only Pop-up when we hover or click on the word.  I think they're called tooltips or infotips????

Oh...and this document needs to work on an iPad. 
TIA
Adri Wutkowski
Vice President
Robertson Ryan & Associates
Florida

Mark

Sounds like you just need some fancy (or not so fancy) web design.  Is this for an internal document?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Adri

I was afraid of that...

This producer wanted it in a simply format, like Word.  It'd be external, but not used very often and something that he wanted to be able to pull up on his iPad if necessary.
Adri Wutkowski
Vice President
Robertson Ryan & Associates
Florida

Mark

Well, this isn't probably that hard to do.  It can probably be done with some simple CSS and published right to your website.  I don't know about Safari on the iPad & CSS, but I'm sure it's doable.

Word doesn't do this, btw.  At least, not as far as I know.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Orlando Alonzo

I agree with Mark. I don't think it's possible with Word. If hmtl and css or even flash is not option, then you should be able do it with Powerpoint. You can add triggers to the words and then make the another text box with the content appear using the animation features built into powerpoint. Off course the device needs to be able to view powerpoint presentations. Just an idea.
Orlando F. Alonzo III
RPM Insurance Agency • Staten Island, NY • oalonzo@rpminsurance.com

Ray Alvarez

I don't know if this is exactly what you want, but if you use form fields you can do something similar after the document is protected so that someone can only edits the fields.  The way it works is that you create a text field from the Forms menu.  Double-click on that field to see the Text Form Field Options box.  At the bottom you will see the "Add Help Text..." button. Click on that.  Note that you now have 2 options or tabs.  Whatever text you type in the Status Bar tab will show on the status bar located at the bottom of Word. Whatever text you type in the Help Key (F1) tab will appear when the user is in that field and presses F1.  To test it you have to protect the document.  Not exactly what you asked for, but pretty close.
Ray Alvarez, AAI, AIS
Petschauer Insurance Agency
New York City
TAM 2014;
Exchange; Win2003 Server; 15 Users
Upload, Download/TS/CL/PL

Andrew Carrick

What about Comments feature in Excel? Could your document be in excel format?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.