Policy Screen Defaults

Started by Matthew Udovich, January 29, 2010, 02:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Udovich

I am drawing a blank, is there a way to get new policy screens to default to Direct Bill for all users of TAM? ??? ???

Andrew Carrick

No I think it can only be done on a per-user basis.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Matthew Udovich

Thanks for the reply Andrew, I think my egg is cracked over here, where do I change the default then for the users? Or does it just follow what ever they set up for the last one? :-[

Andrew Carrick

Get the user to right-click on any policy line and choose Screen Defaults. This opens what looks like a blank billing screen. Set the defaults here and TAM remembers them for next time one is added. Then go fry the egg  :D
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

Then, after you have done one user, you can see if copying the wtsetup.ini file from c:\wintam will save that setting (plus all other settings such as customer & policy listing fields) for the next user.  Maybe you could do this by remotely copying it in their user folders.  I do this with the listing settings, but have not checked if other defaults carry over.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

That sounds feasible but I wouldn't recommend it myself as it will presumably copy other settings over and the users might not be happy to lose certain screen layouts, columns, etc. that they've already set.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Matthew Udovich

Eggselent  :D, thanks a bunch for the help!! :)