Word- Replicate Command

Started by Adri, June 28, 2011, 09:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adri

Can someone tell me why does my replicate command has an extra space between each item when it pulls in a proposal or summary? 

This happened when we upgraded to EPIC 5.0 and is one of the annoyances with upgrade.

Please see the attached.

TIA!
Adri Wutkowski
Vice President
Robertson Ryan & Associates
Florida

Charlie Charbonneau

try moving "Beginrep" into the first cell of the table before the data.. and move "endrep" into the last cell after the data...
I've had better luck with tables doing the replications inside of the table.

See the sample I've attached,  I'm on TAM, but I'm assuming it would be the same...
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Adri

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work at all.  It took away the table and didn't pull anything.  I tried it twice, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Adri Wutkowski
Vice President
Robertson Ryan & Associates
Florida

Jon Robinson

We don't have Epic, but some people have reported the same thing happening in Vision 6.5 when they upgraded, so maybe its the same problem.  We have upgraded to Vision 6.5 but don't have the problem, so maybe you can change your setting to what we have.  Might help or it might not, but at least we can rule it out.

First lets try the table properties.  The ones I saw different that we have it set to are
- Preferred width 7.35 inches
- Alignment center
- Uncheck Size for specific height and check Allow row to break across pages
-Vertical alignment top

Also make sure the whole thing is set up with custom styles.
System Administrator
Dale Barton Agency, SLC, UT
Vision LAN 6.2
jrobinson@dalebarton.com
801-288-1600

Todd Arnold

Adri.  Would you do me a favor and test something on your document for me?  Try the following:
1. Go into design mode - you can only do this once you have added the "developer" ribbon.
2. Click anywhere inside of both the BEGINREP field, and then "ungroup" that field by clicking the little ungroup dropdown (it's two buttons down from the developer mode button).  Do the same for the ENDREP.
3. Turn on "Show/Hide" so that you can see spaces and paragraph marks
4. Select your entire table and "cut" it out.  You should be left with the BEGINREP and ENDREP right on top of each other.  Make sure that they are both ungrouped, and that there are no extra spaces or anything else at the end of either line.
5. Go to the end of the BEGINREP but before the paragraph mark that you can see with show/hide on.  Paste in your table that you cut out in step 4.  This should put your table back in on the line right below your BEGINREP.
6. An extra hard paragraph return line should have been added below your table but before your ENDREP - delete it.
7. Save it, test it, and let me know what happens.

I get the same problem every now and then even in TAM.  Sometimes, doing what I describe here will fix it - but not all the time.  I don't know why.  It's like some extra little thing get's in there and I can't see it no matter what I try.  When it won't fix it, I delete the whole section of the document (like scorching the earth) and start over on the replicate from scratch.

I did notice in your document when I dropped into developer mode that you had an extraneous space between your BEGINREP and the paragraph mark at the end of that line.  Extra spaces are almost always bad.  The ungrouping part of the instructions above are really just designed to make killing those spaces easier.  Good luck!
Todd Arnold
AB Solutions, Inc.
800-753-7785 x111