Billing change on policy screen

Started by Andrew Carrick, June 15, 2011, 05:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Some of our personal lines CSRs have reported that in a few cases after putting on a Direct transaction the billing has changed to Client "by itself". Without wishing to get into the "are they sure?" question, has anyone else ever come across this or is it a known bug?
Thanks.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jim Jensen

uh, no. Not that it means it's impossible.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

Just to clarify here, they're saying that it changes from Direct Bill to Agency Bill - all by itself?  There are several accounts that get debited or credited when a billing happens.  And there are difference accounts that are affected with agency versus direct bill.  My guess is that a) your accounts would be out of balance, b) the night time utilities would catch the out of balance situation, and c) your accounting people would be all over you to fix any such problem.  In fact, it sounds like your accounting people should be explaining this to your CSRs, but that's probably why the CSRs are blaming the boogey man in the computer.   ;)
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Andrew Carrick

Yes it happens "all by itself" - guess what my face was like when I was first told of this! Thanks for the ammo Jeff.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Andrew Carrick

Well this is freaky, the UK Support people have just confirmed to me that this IS a known bug, and is across Applied, not just in the UK - how scary is that. They are hopeful it will be sorted out in v 11.  :o
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Jeff Zylstra

That's a little concerning, since you generally depend on accounting information.  I'm guessing however, that your accounts are still in balance, but that the Direct Bill/Agency Bill indicator field on the billing screen is incorrect.  Kudos to your staff for catching this, btw, and also having the chutzpah to say something doesn't look right, even though it sounds like their trolley has jumped the tracks.  ;D
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Lance Bateman

Haven't ever run into this - but not doing the commission download.  Did "they" indicate what program this is a "known bug" in?

Andrew Carrick

We don't download in the UK Lance, and yes Jeff everything is in balance. It's just one of those irriating little things to have to watch for. Worst thing to happen is that next time a CSR does a transaction it's the wrong
billing. BUT our Procedures are clear - "alwatys check the Billing Screen before transacting".

Nice positive spin on our users by the way Jeff, thanx.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on June 15, 2011, 04:02:28 PM
Nice positive spin on our users by the way Jeff, thanx.

What spin?  ;D   I'd much rather have someone be "scrupulously observant" and catch only an occasional error, than have them be sloppy and frequently making errors.  It's also helpful that you have good procedures in place.

Andrew Carrick

Yeah I love them really, although not too much, the judge said "not within 100 yards".... ;)
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

DebAmstutz

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on June 16, 2011, 10:42:03 AM
, the judge said "not within 100 yards".... ;)

Wow, I think we're Americanizing Andrew...I thought the only yards in his area either had green grass growing in them or had the word "Scotland" as a preface.... ;)
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Jeff Zylstra

Yes, we've corrupted the right and proper Andrew.  Good one, Deb!

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Andrew Carrick

The bug log ref may be EUJ11007, I'm guessing the EU prefix means Europe. Does this show on Applied's website anyewhere? If so I'd like to know if they've any ideas as to cause? Our feeling is that it is mostly personal lines polciies affected so may be an App issue? So much uncertainty  :-\
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Jim Jensen

There's no way to look up defect references in the portal, outside what might appear in the KB. This one doesn't show up. I also checked the 10.8 "noteworthy items" listing - there's only 1 item on it and we know that's not the case. I think the only way to get info on a certain reference item is through support directly - call or chat.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis