12 Hours to Rebuild Sections

Started by Jason@KiteTech, May 23, 2011, 08:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason@KiteTech

Ever since upgrading from 10.5 to 10.7, the Rebuild Sections utility has taken 12 hrs to complete.  Just upgraded to 10.8 on Friday, and that didn't solve the problem.  I've also tried various antivirus configurations.

I have the exact same antivirus software w/ the exact same configuration running at other agencies w/o a problem.

Any idea what could be causing this?
Jason Gobbel

The Kite Technology Group

Orlando Alonzo

Have you tried running it woth realtime scan disabled from the a/v?
Orlando F. Alonzo III
RPM Insurance Agency • Staten Island, NY • oalonzo@rpminsurance.com

Jason@KiteTech

Jason Gobbel

Jeff Zylstra

Have they ever purged old records on this machine?  Since this is really disk intensive, I would turn off on demand scanning for AV, do a quick temp file cleanup and and maybe even check to see how fragmented the drive is.  I sometimes like to go into MSConfig and turn off almost every start up item (especially ancillary program updates and Windows updates downloads) and then reboot.  Nothing can stall a machine like Windows updates and other program updates that want to try and simultaneously download and/or install.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jason@KiteTech

I don't think they've ever purged data in their TAM system.  The interesting thing is that it wasn't a problem until the 10.7 upgrade.  It happened overnight.  I'll have to see if there's something running server side that would take a lot of I/O.  They've already tried separate PC's to rule anything out on that end.
Jason Gobbel