10.8 - anyone go there yet?

Started by Jan Regnier, May 20, 2011, 04:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

I am thinking about updating this weekend - want the current Cert of Liab....I don't recall seeing any glaring issues with 10.7 and haven't see anything on 10.8....

Any comments?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jason@KiteTech

I have quite a few agencies on 10.8.  No complaints yet.
Jason Gobbel

The Kite Technology Group

Orlando Alonzo

I heard something about the BOP downloads history attaching to the incorrect client. Specifically the policy number not the app.
Orlando F. Alonzo III
RPM Insurance Agency • Staten Island, NY • oalonzo@rpminsurance.com

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Orlando Alonzo on May 23, 2011, 09:18:26 AM
I heard something about the BOP downloads history attaching to the incorrect client. Specifically the policy number not the app.

We don't download any commercial policies so that won't be a problem!  Thanks -
Jan Regnier

mblack

Jan there are posts regarding the COI on the communities.  Something about having to recreate the COI if they want to use the new one.  Or they can continue with the old one.  I haven't given it a proper read yet.
Margaret Black
mblack@ambins.com
Allan M Block Agency, Tarrytown, NY
ASCnet PAC - Customer / LEAD - Nominations
TAM 12.5.3 25 users, W2008 Server, Office 2007, Exchange, @vantage 9.0, Ezlynx Rating

Jim Jensen

Quote from: mblack on May 23, 2011, 01:14:12 PM
Jan there are posts regarding the COI on the communities.  Something about having to recreate the COI if they want to use the new one.  Or they can continue with the old one.  I haven't given it a proper read yet.

It's no different than current usage. If you go to a Certificate that already is set up and holder holders, it will print the old version, instead of automatically upgrading the form. Any new ones will have the choice, defaulted to the new one, but able to choose the old one (I presume the pre-2009 version).
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

I didn't update when the choice was put back in for the old or the new....so all of our COI from upgrade to 10.4 are with the new form.  I didn't update because I didn't want the choice of Old or New - just new. 

So will the current COI we have on the NEW form stay on the new form (ie. if we needed to reprint)?
Jan Regnier

Jason@KiteTech

Your "new" COI is now the old COI.  It's been replaced by the 2010/05 form in 10.8.  Any cert you have in there on that form will stay on that form.  In order to use the 2010/05 form, you need to create a new cert.
Jason Gobbel

The Kite Technology Group

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Jason@KiteTech on May 24, 2011, 07:15:11 AM
Your "new" COI is now the old COI.  It's been replaced by the 2010/05 form in 10.8.  Any cert you have in there on that form will stay on that form.  In order to use the 2010/05 form, you need to create a new cert.

Okey Dokey....Thanks
Jan Regnier