Triggers, follow-ups and activities

Started by Hans Manhave, May 20, 2011, 01:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

A recent post reminded me to ask these questions:

Is it possible to set a trigger so that when an invoice prints, a certain document also prints?

Is it possible to set a number of activities (for example 11), to print a certain document at day closing.

Instead of setting 11 activities, is it possible to set a single activity that triggers a document to be printed (two sided) and sets a new activity a month later so as that it will happen on the same day as an invoice prints?  (Taking weekends and holidays into account, I assuming not, but one never knows).
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

brinkerdana

Don't think there's a document that will automatically print with an invoice.

You can set up activities to generate a form letter in a string.  I had one that went with a WC final audit, then followed up for payment 10 days later, then informed client either current policy would be cancelled or invoice would be sent to direct collections 10 days after that.  The original trigger was sending the first audit letter.

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Hans Manhave

I am thinking of monthly reporting forms, personalized for each customer.

If installments are set to print on a day that the office is closed, they print the next day.  Now if activities that generate form letters are also set for those very same days (11 of them, for the 11 payments on a year policy, down pmt already collected), they should also process with that same process day thereby printing a form on the same date the invoice prints.  A clerk can match them and mail them together.

Sounds doable?
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

brinkerdana

Yep.  Doable.

Nice way to manage monthly reporting policies!  And, if some insured reports before the date, you just close the activity for that insured and no letter gets printed.

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired