Tam Real-Time Question

Started by Alice, May 20, 2011, 11:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

It has been a very long time since I've had to add a company and I don't know if I'm missing a step or two.
We are downloading with both Hartford and Zurich. Applied Real Time Status Report indicates they both are Real Time capable.  I ran the Update Wizard twice and I don't see them listed as an available company. I did check the KB to see if there was something special about these two and there wasn't anything I could find.  Did I miss the first step or two to get this going? Or maybe this means it's not yet available for our state? We just need billing/policy inquiry, no quoting.

Jeff Zylstra

You will need to call those companies and get them setup with their respective NAIC information in Applied, and more importantly, have them "turn on" the downloads on their side of things. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Matthew Udovich

I believe you also need to email Applied with the companies you want added to Real Time, tsrequest@appliedsystems.com, wait to hear back from them and then run the update wizard again, to bring them into the realtime configuration. :)

Jim Jensen

Typically it is an automatic thing, but you may need to check with the carrier, because they sometimes need to activate it. Some items that get released in real-time aren't compatible with earlier versions of TAM and cause errors, so they could be taking a conservative approach. Or it could be state availability issue, which the carrier can answer, as well.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Alice

Thanks guys.  now I know where to start.