Report of all email addresses

Started by Donna Syroid, January 20, 2010, 09:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donna Syroid

Hey friends, I found you.   :)

My first time on here so let's see if a newbie can figure this out.  Please tell me if I'm in the wrong park or doing something wrong.

How can a run a report and get a list of all my Personal lines accounts that we already have an email address.

Donna Syroid

Andrew Carrick

By coincidence I did that yesterday for our Commercial business. I used a Search - Customer Policies, picked the live stauses, and excluded the personal policy types. Then chose criteria "Only one per client". Make sure the fields output includes email address, then in the EXcel doc, just need to delete all blank entries. HTH.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Andrew Carrick

I should add that your fields also need to include at least one Policy item otherwise you may get an error.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Bob

Welcome Donna!  Good to see you posting already!

Think Andrew answered your question just wanted to say Howdy!   Next time your traveling you'll be able to access this site with your iTouch (with wifi connections of course), cell or laptop.  No third party apps needed that add extra steps or the add overhead to your PC.  I think you'll enjoy this place!

Also don't worry where you post..  Moderators everywhere who are actively involved.  If you post in wrong forum someone will move it to the right place for you. 

Another nice feature about this site that will improve more in time with more members.  This place has traffic after 5pm EST.  More availability!  Welcome aboard!  :)

Donna Syroid

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on January 20, 2010, 10:31:20 AM
Make sure the fields output includes email address, then in the EXcel doc, just need to delete all blank entries. HTH.

Is there a way to run that it will only print if there is something in the email field???????

Donna Syroid

Andrew Carrick

Not that I've found. It appears that the email field isn't available in the Extra Criteria (or at least, I couldn't find it), so I've been selecting all and then deleting the blanks.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Gene Foraker

Welcome Donna!

Couldn't you run a filter or at least sort  on the results in Excel?
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Hans Manhave

Donna,

Are the e-mail address coming out of the insured address database or out of contacts?
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Donna Syroid

Primarily clients main screen.

Donna Syroid

Hans Manhave

If no standard report exists to spit this info out, it would require some work.

I understand that the e-mail address, displayed on the customer address screen, is stored in the client.dbf file.  The regular address info is in ins.dbf and the policy info in policy.dbf.  All three of these would be needed.  Possibly it could be done with info from ins.dbf.  I have not looked at client.dbf.

The link could possibly be Policy.pol_idx and Client.pol_idx or Client.rec if that exists.  It may be necessary to use substr(policy.pol_idx,1,7) and have that match with whatever client.dbf maintains.   Sometimes it is necessary to include a record type "C" for customer and concatenate that but I have not needed to do that in the past.

A filter for policy status of INLIST(policy.status,"NEW","REN","REW") may refine it to active policies only.

You would get all fields, from both tables.  Export to Excel and massage.  A first run to evaluate results is always good.  Then locate the e-mail address and rerun with an additional filter to set that field or part of a field to nonblank i.e. fieldname<>""

No idea if this helps.  No idea if TAM has something already to do this, that would be much easier.  Maybe Sue Good knows?  Just throwing out a name of someone, not to ignore others, just jump in.

I apologize for not taking the time to solve this completely.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Donna Syroid

Yes Sue is the queen!  I just off the retention webinar with her.  I think I am going to have to work in excel with this one.  Just seems odd since we can now do blast emails that we can't get a list of these clients first.  I'll keep working on it.

Still working my way around this new newsgroup.  So far I like it - I think. ;)

Debbie

Obtaining a list of customer or prospect email addresses?   Run a Customer-Main File search

Check Knowledge Base Article #21829

And if you want to send a mass email to clients see Article #32531

Hope this helps! :)
Debbie Rogers
Systems Co-ordinator
Colley Insurance
34 Harvard Rd.,
Guelph, Ontario

TAM Version 9.4

Donna Syroid

Thanks Debbie.

I just love you guys.  I can't imagine anyone using Applied without the support of the rest of the users.  Kind of reminds me of the Verizon commercial......you guys are always there for me.   :)

Thanks.

Donna Syroid

P.S.  I really love the feature on this newsgroup that I get an email when someone posts a response to my post.  How cool.

Robin Deatherage

Quote from: Donna Syroid on January 22, 2010, 12:50:29 PM
I really love the feature on this newsgroup that I get an email when someone posts a response to my post.  How cool.
I agree, it's very cool.
Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations