Tam/Word Interface Error

Started by Alice, May 05, 2011, 06:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I have a new user who tells me she is getting an error when trying to go through the Tam/Word interface process. She said the error says Document Integration – Error creating temporary file, but she is unable to tell me when in the process this happens and cannot get me a screen shot. Error not recording in the except.log  Because it's been a very long time since I've seen this, I need some help pinning this down. I'm thinking there's a temp folder somewhere she needs access to.
Can't even find in the KB unless I didn't look hard enough.

Here's the setup:
PC is Windows 7 (only insurance user that has Windows 7 which I was not involved in setting up)
Access Tam through Citrix Web Client
Server is Windows 2003
Office 2007

Any ideas?

Alice

Forgot about the macro thing. Anyone have anything thighter than allow all macros and still have the Tam/Word interface work?

Andrew Carrick

"Thighter"?  These hips don't lie ;D

Anyway, here's a few suggestions from my Big Book Of TAM:

"May get error message "Error creating temp file", or no error message appears, but users unable to create or edit Word documents in TAM. Stand-alone word, and Word Viewer, are unaffected. First run ASUPDATE /rr. Then check TS profile (for Citrix users) and Profile settings in Active Directory, ensure tamlogon.bat is named and U: drive mapped.
** make sure there is a copy of ASWORD.dot available in user's Windows folder ** (copy from another user). Check Normal Word template as well."

"Error 5097
In Word Integration/Document Maintenance. Users need permission correcting for access to temp files. Go into DOS and type "set", this shows setting and temp file paths. Check permissions on these paths."

"Method ~ of object ~ failed 2147215502"; "error creating temp file". Possibly due to defective ASWORD.dot, or dot file in wrong/duplicated place. Can also indicate a defective single document, so would need to recreate this (may only apply to Citrix users). May also get "5891 cannot open macro storage"; cause unknown but probably related to server crash."

Don't know if they help any.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Robin Deatherage

Hey Alice.  Does she have Word outside of TAM also open at the time she's attempting to create her letter?  That might be a contributing factor. 
Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations

Alice

Excellent places to look. Thanks!!

You need weight help Andrew?  :D

Andrew Carrick

Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Andrew Carrick

Alice did you make any progress with this one?
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice

Yes actually.  asword.dot was missing from the users home\windows folder.
I assumed the person troubleshooting this read the remote user docs I gave her and had that covered. I went back to check her work and caught it.
It wasn't there because there was no need once we took most processing access away from the agents. We've since aquired an agency that has a remote csr and she was the one having problem. Thanks for following up  ;)

Billy Welsh

Alice:

My contract tech showed me a neat little tool the other say in WIN 7 - Snipping Tool.  Allows you to grad screenshots, even of a Citrix session.  It is awesome!
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Ian Blundell

I've found that the Snipping Tool is a good replacement for the PrintScreen program I used on XP.  It allows you to crop the image to capture just the area you need.  It still doesn't replace full-function screen capture programs since it won't let you capture dropdown screens but you do get everything that you pay for.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Charlie Charbonneau

Ian, Billy, is it wrong to say I love you man!  I just checked it out and talk about your time saver!  I love it!!!!  +1 to both of you!  I love this group!  May be a little thing, but just made my day.  You can even quickly email it.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Jeff Zylstra

I think I used to use Snag It!, but somehow lost it in a computer upgrade.  That was a good utility, but another one is Screengrab!, that is a Firefox add-on.  I haven't tried it extensively, but it has allowed me to capture screens that would not show up using the available "print" functions, and also would not print using PDFFactory PDF printer.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop