Main Menu

Wanted: Ark

Started by Jim Jensen, April 21, 2011, 02:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

Quote from: HMan on April 28, 2011, 10:12:07 AM
People like the non-producing Bradford pear trees here.  They bloom for three days and are done for the year.  No pears.  They break easily and often, but have a pretty "classic" tree shape, medium height.  Until parts get blown off, break etc.  

We have the same experience with them.  We have a couple in our yard and our daughter has 4 in her front yard and this past year they have really been falling apart!  They are all in the 12+ year age range.
They are very pretty in the spring...but they are very messy in the fall.  Unfortunately we have one close to the pool and the deck is always a mess in the fall.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

GeorgeW

Working from home the rest of the week.  My boss does have a canoe at work and he might have to use it because he needs get out of the building for a personal obligation....hope he takes pictures!

Fun trying to assist a hundred or so people who have never logged in remotely to our system and who, let's say, aren't the most computer literate people!  :)

I hate to admit it Lance, but I don't even know where Eubanks KY is!!   :o
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski

Wow George...

Assisting 100 people with remote login does NOT sound like a great way to spend the day... you must be about ready to rip your phone out of the wall!  Good luck to you out there... sounds bad :-(
Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski
Iddings Insurance Agency
Wyalusing, PA
WinTAM 11.1    SBS 2003 
8 users

Lance Bateman

With the storms - is it time y'all are asking for a floating storm shelter also?
(I remember in Oklahoma, every so often we'd get a twister that would even rip up the pavement from the street or the interstate).

Y'all have my empathy - I don't remember hearing of so many deaths in one day of storms.  Hope all are okay?

GeorgeW

Mother Nature is being nice today! Sunshine!  The water has started receding and they think we will be able to access the building again tomorrow through the Recycling scrap yard we were using before. I got a flat the first day driving through there and another IT guy got one yesterday...fun!!

I guess the flooding is better than all the tornado's down south today.  We did have some tornado touchdowns around our area, but nothing near work.

Hope everyone is safe!
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

brinkerdana

Just saw pictures on the news from Alabama.  Real devastation down there.  Hope everyone in the storms path makes it without too much damage.

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Alice

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 21, 2011, 02:24:32 PM
Looking for an ark. Can be new or used, must be seaworthy. WIFI-capable preferred, so water damage claims can be timely reported. WIll consider trade for a car.

We could make a few of these  ;D

Lance Bateman

I'd just hate to have to carry the vacuum cleaner, laundry, etc. up and down those steps it must have!!!

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Lance Bateman on April 28, 2011, 10:02:53 PM
I'd just hate to have to carry the vacuum cleaner, laundry, etc. up and down those steps it must have!!!

Not to mention the groceries every week. And what a pain to let the dog out!
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

Maybe it has an elevator!  Looks like it has a fireplace....but there's a window in line with the chimney?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Charlie Charbonneau

<hijack> Looks like it has the makings of the Burrow... July 15th folks!  </hijack>
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Lance Bateman

YEAH!!!  Can't wait.

Quote from: Charlie Charbonneau on April 29, 2011, 10:15:25 AM
<hijack> Looks like it has the makings of the Burrow... July 15th folks!  </hijack>

Jim Jensen

Back to the ark...No flooding locally, but the Wabash River is way out of it's banks into Illinois where I saw it Saturday. The Ohio R. is getting George and the Army Corp. of Engineers is ready to blast a levee south of Cairo, IL to relieve pressure on other levees. I hope not to be a dinosaur if there is an ark.

I drove through Cairo, IL last year to see what it's like since we were driving by there anyway. The flood wall there is huge and the water is up within a few feet of the top. Threat of 18-20' deep flooding if it fails or is over-topped. It's a rather sad looking town now, in general, compared to what it must have been in the past. The bridge over the Mississippi there is a bit intimidating - very old steel truss and narrow - 1 lane in each direction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:P6190061(Cairo-IL_Ohio_R_Bridge).JPG
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Lance Bateman

I don't live in that part of the country - but I've always wondered if building those big dikes just make the floods on the other side or downstream worse?

Gene Foraker

Quote from: Lance Bateman on May 02, 2011, 04:30:05 PM
I don't live in that part of the country - but I've always wondered if building those big dikes just make the floods on the other side or downstream worse?

They absolutely do. 
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.