Main Menu

Wanted: Ark

Started by Jim Jensen, April 21, 2011, 02:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Charbonneau

Wow scary stuff George!  Make sure those servers are good and high!!!   Hopefully it's just access to your building that is in danger and not the actual building itself!  On a hill???
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

GeorgeW

Our building is safe. 3 of the 6 of us in the IT dept. have been staying overnight since Sunday. The 3 staying tonight will most likely be trapped for a number of days.  I'm going home to work!  :)
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

GeorgeW

Well we've just been told we have to be out of here by 1pm. They are barricading the road and the police will not let anyone in or out. If they do let you out they will most likely give you a ticket!  Headed home!
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Charlie Charbonneau

+1 Karma just because now would be a good time to have some on your side!!!
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Alice

What Charlie said.
+1 - be safe!

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Billy Welsh on April 27, 2011, 10:25:42 AM
Article the other day in the local paper - the Mississippi River in New Orleans is nearing "flood stage" (which is not actually a flood event - not sure why that term is used but I am sure there is a reason) due NOT to snow melting (the typical reason for high river levels in spring) but because of all the rain you guys and the midwest have been hammered with.

Hope you have clear skies soon!

Billy, we're a very generous group of people in the Midwest - always willing to share with those downstream. Some of the farmers may even send along some fertilizer with the water. Heck, if it keeps up in the Ohio Valley, you may be collecting building materials to build a new raft.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Marie Long on April 27, 2011, 09:51:53 AM
Hey, if you ever get a lead on those arks, let me know too! 

We have had steady, heavy rain for most of April.  Now
severe storms the last 2 days have caused flooding, with more
headed our way tonight... wind claims, water claims, even
a few mudslides (VERY rare here).

If April showers bring May flowers, we ought to have a
very pretty spring :-)

Maybe it's time to work on the AU Ark (a new logo in the making?). Gene can be our captain, Bob will be the BBQ guy, we'll pick up George from home, then Billy as we float downstream and when all is said and done, Deb can have the fertiziler for her family's farms.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

DebAmstutz

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 27, 2011, 02:32:12 PM
...and when all is said and done, Deb can have the fertiziler for her family's farms.

Nobody can use it right now...nothing's planted due to the wet and (up until yesterday) cold weather!  But thanks for the offer!  I know some of the people here are really good at slinging......ummmm.....fertilizer!  ;)
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski

Maybe it's time to work on the AU Ark (a new logo in the making?). Gene can be our captain, Bob will be the BBQ guy, we'll pick up George from home, then Billy as we float downstream and when all is said and done, Deb can have the fertilizer for her family's farms.

Love it Jim :-)    Users helping users.....swim  ;D
Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski
Iddings Insurance Agency
Wyalusing, PA
WinTAM 11.1    SBS 2003 
8 users

Billy Welsh

Maybe it's time to work on the AU Ark (a new logo in the making?). Gene can be our captain, Bob will be the BBQ guy, we'll pick up George from home, then Billy as we float downstream and when all is said and done, Deb can have the fertiziler for her family's farms.

I'm in, as soon as you tell me there is a good bartender.   :o
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Bob

Quote from: Billy Welsh on April 27, 2011, 03:53:23 PM

I'm in, as soon as you tell me there is a good bartender.   :o

Andy's Bartending!   ;D

Lance Bateman

Anywhere near Eubank, KY?  That's where my son and his wife are

Quote from: George Watson on April 27, 2011, 12:02:32 PM
Well we've just been told we have to be out of here by 1pm. They are barricading the road and the police will not let anyone in or out. If they do let you out they will most likely give you a ticket!  Headed home!

DebAmstutz

Wow, the sun is out and the Bartlett pears along the street are in bloom and it's beautiful...for now!  There was a tornado warning in the county to the south of me last night and radar had the storm coming up near me but there was just some lightning and thunder and rain...I guess Ohio had more wind and such.  They said the line of storms got stronger when it headed east.  Highs today here only in the low 50s, though.  I'm wondering when I'll be able to wear short sleeves.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Sherry Burrell

Deb,

We lost our last Bartlett pear tree 2 weeks ago when we had high winds.  They are pretty, but they smell terrible and are very weak.  We had 3 large ones in our front yard when we bought the house 16 years ago, now none.  I think the developer in our subdivision got a deal on them because most houses had at least one - now there are very few still standing.

We had some mighty tornadoes last night through here.  Fortunately no one I know of - yet - had any damage.  They went north and south of Atlanta, missed the Metro area for the most part.

Talked to a friend this morning because her street was specifically mentioned in the tornado warnng report, but other than no power and phone line down - no problems.
Sherry Burrell
Oakbridge Insurance Agency-Duluth GA
Epic 2022 Online w/CSR24, 6 users

Hans Manhave

People like the non-producing Bradford pear trees here.  They bloom for three days and are done for the year.  No pears.  They break easily and often, but have a pretty "classic" tree shape, medium height.  Until parts get blown off, break etc. 
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein