ASI Linktivity down?

Started by Jim Jensen, April 21, 2011, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

I have a support call open and a tech is going to have to log in (their requirement, not my choice) and I can't get to Linktivity. I was in yesterday and as the tech was coming in, I got kicked out and haven't been able to even access the page since. Tried both IE 8.0 & FF 3.5.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

I suspect that they have an alternative.  Also, did you try on another computer just for kicks?  I can get the page to load here, but did not click to join a queue.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jim Jensen

I reset our DSL modem and now I can get to the page and request to get in the queue. I'm a bit annoyed with our connection right now and don't know what's going on. We had storms and a lot of rain and since we're having a little difficulty on our connection. First, nearly everything was slow, so I reset the modem (dynamic IP) and everything seemed fine. Then, in the middle of trying to get the ASI tech in, it dropped the ability to get into their site. It was the end of the day and the tech refused to walk me through the process in tamdbfr, said she had to log the call instead. This morning, still couldn't get to the website, this site ran great, as did some others, but some, like AutoOwners, wouldn't open at all. Reset the modem again. Can get to Linktivity ok now, had trouble getting to this site at first with IE, but fine with FF, but not seems may be ok.

We've had a ton of rain. I don't know if there's issues with water in the DSLAM cabinets causing some bad connections that grabbing a new IP solves, or what's going on. If it were windy, I'd suspect loose connections on the OH lines (has happened before with power), but it's not currently windy.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

Sounds like it could be a number of different causes, but what is suspicious to me is that you can access with one browser but not the other.  That doesn't sound like a connectivity issue -- sounds like a software issue.  Make sure that something didn't set a proxy on your machine.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Charlie Charbonneau

Some sites work but others don't?   DNS Issues? 
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Mark

Quote from: Charlie Charbonneau on April 21, 2011, 09:54:20 AM
DNS Issues? 

Hey!  That's my line! ;)

Quite possible though. 

c:\>ipconfig /flushdns

and change DNS (forwarders if using Active Directory) to OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220, then give it a try again.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Charlie Charbonneau

Had one site last week that a user couldn't access, found that I couldn't access it either... restarted DNS at the server and voila!    Now it works...   Now to figure out what the issue was! 
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.

Jim Jensen

Wooosh - both went over my head. I have my DNS management open, but don't see how one would 'restart' it.

I ran the DNSflush command, but nothing changed.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Charlie Charbonneau

in DNS Manager right clicking on the server name all tasks and restart will restart your DNS Service.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

Jim Jensen

Well, it seemed to be sporadic on different computers and my was getting worse. Finally restarted and it seems to be better (fingers-crossed). I need a day with good progress and no problems, please! Warm weather and no rain, seems to be a request beyond delivery at this point.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Charlie Charbonneau

a restart locally or server?   Might not hurt across the board, but if just locally helped you, I'd def. recommend a trip down the /cleanup/defrag road...
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Charlie Charbonneau on April 21, 2011, 11:14:57 AM
a restart locally or server?   Might not hurt across the board, but if just locally helped you, I'd def. recommend a trip down the /cleanup/defrag road...

local restart, but updates are being pushed out to all stations, so soon everyone will be restarting across the board.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jim Jensen

Thus far all seems well, so I'm going to leave well enough alone for the moment.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis