Slow printing only in TAM

Started by Bob, April 19, 2011, 05:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Have had users company wide make this complaint off and on.   One user waited 10 minutes before job began to print.  This only happens when printing within TAM.   If they use an app outside of TAM, prints instantly.  Has me puzzled..  Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Jeff Zylstra

We started noticing some of this after TAM starting using .NET print routines in accounting, forms, closeday, etc...    I remember experimenting by turning off print spooling and finding that there was some interaction going on that slowed things down.  Also make sure that all of the workstation have the .DOTNETFIX.EXE installed from the Wintam\Controls folder.  A newer version of .NET might help too.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Bob

Hey it's a start Jeff!

I figure it has something to do with how it's handing off the print job.  Outside of TAM prints instantly.  Some days worse than others.  I've heard complaints taking a minute or so but this last complaint said 10 minutes.. 

I'll go experiment..  :)

Jeff Zylstra

The 10 minute complaint is reminiscent of a computer that doesn't have the dotnetfix file installed on it.  For some reason, not all Wintam installs will automatically run the dotnetfix installation routine.  Especially if it is a Windows 7 machine.  I would start by installing the dotnetfix.exe file. It won't hurt if it is already installed, it'll just tell you so.  And it requires the .NET 1.1 version that it installs, so even if .NET 3.51 or whatever other version is installed, it still requires version 1.1, and 1.1 does not show up anywhere in add/remove programs or Windows features in Win7, so I just install it.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Alice

different angle maybe...is this all users? remote users only? Trying to narrow down environment if possible.