Cost Centers / Department Codes

Started by deb.landrum, January 12, 2010, 09:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb.landrum

We have recently initiated Cost Centers in our office.  We are directing the income to the cost centers by use of Department Codes.  I have instructed all TAM users to set their Billing Screen Defaults to their department number.  However, when attempting to remove the Department Code from the Policy Type Definitions, I am unable to save with an empty department code.

I've asked Applied to create a PMR for allowing the Policy Type Definitions to be left BLANK and to have the Billing Screen Default be RETAINED as the department code if it is not blank.  I wouldn't have a problem with the department code reverting to 1 on a new policy where the CSR did not save a department code in her defaults for the billing screen, however, after they have gone to all of the trouble to access every single policy line for every single client that they are assigned, to NOT have the defaults hold is a major inconvenience.

Has anyone else come up with a good way to work with this?

Thanks!

Thanks.
Deb Landrum, AAM, AIT
WinTam 9.4 | 80 Users | Server 2003 | Workstations with WinXP & Win 7 | CSR-24 | Citrix Presentation Server & Citrix Receiver  Clients | Office 2K3 | Back End scanning with eTFile |
Symantec Enterprise AV | GFI FaxMaker | DameWare | no more room here

deb.landrum

I spoke with Corporate Support yesterday and we all agreed that the current function of the Billing Information Defaults is a BUG.  The following PMR # has been assigned to this problem:  179684.

This is what I summarized the problem behavior to be:
We are directing the income to the cost centers by use of Department Codes.  I have instructed all TAM users to set their Billing Screen Defaults to their department number.  However, when attempting to remove the Department Code from the Policy Type Definitions, I am unable to save with an empty department code.

PLEASE enter a PMR for allowing the Policy Type Definitions to be left BLANK and to have the Billing Screen Default be RETAINED as the department code if it is not blank.  I wouldn't have a problem with the department code reverting to 1 on a new policy where the CSR did not save a department code in her defaults for the billing screen, however, after they have gone to all of the trouble to access every single policy line for every single client that they are assigned, to NOT have the defaults hold is a major inconvenience.

If you use Cost Centers/Profit Centers in your office and use the Department Codes to make sure commission is credited to the correct profit center - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enter a PMR for your agency citing PMR # 179684 - the more people who jump on the same PMR - the higher it is placed in priority.

THANKS!
Deb Landrum, AAM, AIT
WinTam 9.4 | 80 Users | Server 2003 | Workstations with WinXP & Win 7 | CSR-24 | Citrix Presentation Server & Citrix Receiver  Clients | Office 2K3 | Back End scanning with eTFile |
Symantec Enterprise AV | GFI FaxMaker | DameWare | no more room here