Commission Download Suspense Error

Started by Alice, April 04, 2011, 01:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Was wondering if anyone has seen this particular error. I could not find the "error text" in the KB, although there were many others. I will submit to support also...just wanted to see if familiar with anyone.
Does this mean the user has not updated her local files? ASTamSvr Version : 10.4.0.6 We are on 10.7.

EXCEPTION DETAIL REPORT

Title      : Direct Bill Suspense
Error Text : An error occurred in txtTransPr1Value_Validating.

Process          : C:\WINTAM\AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.CompanyInterface.DirectBill.Suspense.exe 10.1.0.0
ASTamSvr Version : 10.4.0.6
Computer Name    :
User Name        :
Time/Date        : 09:45:01 04/04/2011
Operating System : Windows XP Professional Build 2600 Service Pack 3
CPU              : Intel FUTURE Lev[15] Rev[4303] Num[2]
Physical Memory  : 59% free of 1964296 KB
Paging File      : 74% free of 3903392 KB

Sequence of Preceding Exceptions

Source : System.Windows.Forms
  Number :   2147746792 (Decimal)   800403E8 (Hex)
  Desc   : Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: index

Mark

Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Alice

No we don't Mark.  The companies that came in today were Progressive and Infinity. Don't know if that matters. And I don't know the company/items that received the errors because the user did not call it in and when I asked, said there were no errors. (like I'm surprised)

Mark

I would jump on OLRT and see what the can tell you about it. 

Was only asking about West Bend because they sent one bad file to everyone who downloads and it fubar'd download completely.  I'm going to their offices for CE tomorrow and am going to suggest that they send Applied Support some food or other token of appreciation.  Applied had to remote in to each agency to fix.  Error was different than yours, but I was taking a stab at it anyway.

Not even sure what regions WB writes.  not a detail I've paid attention to ;)
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Alice

Thanks anyway Mark.  Never know what could help  ;)
I'll post when finished with support so at least the experience is here

Lance Bateman

Reading the error (though TAM is notorious for poor error handling) - looks like the record had a Producer 1 that it didn't find on your system?

Alice

Got a point there Lance and maybe that's one of the reasons.
The tech said he's seen that happen if a suspense item is assigned, then deleted, before the update is run, and appears at the time of Run Update. I thought the user was set up to have comm logs create a spreadsheet, but apparently I didn't fix it back after I installed the hotfix for 10.7. I looked at the spreadsheet from the download and it looks like Infinity might have sent duplicates for three items, and since there were three errors the same time, that could be it.
It is a known defect and on list to be fixed.

I can't tell the user she got an error when she says she didn't (old story) so I'm stuck doing nothing about it. Frustrating to say the least.   :(